- Nissan’s #1 offering automobile wins prestigious endowment for second uninterrupted year
- Rogue extensively updated for 2017, including further of first-ever Rogue Hybrid model
- The new Rogue offers rested extraneous and interior, and new accessible Safety Shield technologies including Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection1 and Intelligent Cruise Control2
- Vehicles comparison for Cars.com “Best of 2017” awards are judged to surpass in categories of quality, creation and value
DETROIT – Cars.com has comparison a redesigned 2017 Nissan Rogue crossover as a “2017 Family Car of a Year.” It is a second year in a quarrel that Rogue, Nissan’s best-selling indication in 2016, has won a honor. The endowment was announced in and with a North American International Auto Show. Among a family oriented facilities on a new Rogue are accessible 3-row/7-passenger seating and well-developed newcomer and load coherence with a innovative EZ Flex Seating System™ and Divide-N-Hide® Cargo System.
The new Rogue has been updated with uninformed extraneous and interior treatments, an stretched apartment of accessible Nissan Safety Shield technologies including accessible Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection1, and a first-ever Rogue Hybrid model.
“Rogue has not usually jumped into a tip sales mark in a Nissan lineup, it is also apropos one of a many awarded vehicles in Nissan history,” pronounced Christian Meunier, comparison clamp president, Nissan Sales Marketing and Operations, Nissan North America, Inc.; chairman, Nissan Canada. “We are respected by a approval by a editors of Cars.com – it’s a good approach to flog off a new year.”
In selecting Rogue as their 2017 Family Car of a Year, a Cars.com editorial staff wrote: “Flexibility is pivotal when it comes to handling family life – from highway trips to propagandize carpools, a Rogue is ready. If we need some-more seating ability than what you’d find in a two-row tiny SUV, though aren’t prepared to make a jump to a full-size model, a Rogue is value a look. With a discretionary third row, it’s a versatile choice for shoppers who need an SUV that can accommodate a vast family during a low price. It’s not usually about people, however; two-row versions have a accessible cargo-management complement that helps apart and classify a load area.”
The editors also praised Rogue for a polished highway manners and fit 29 mpg total city/highway fuel economy (non-hybrid front-wheel expostulate model). “If that’s not good enough, a hybrid indication joins a lineup this year. Thoughtful reserve facilities like an around-view camera complement and puncture braking with a pedestrian-detection duty supplement assent of mind. Families pattern a lot from their vehicles, and a versatile, affordable and fit Rogue delivers,” they concluded.
Updated Rogue extraneous facilities for 2017 embody a new, energetic front finish pattern with Nissan signature pattern cues and accessible Motion-Activated Liftgate. Among a interior enhancements are a new D-shaped steering circle and leather-booted sport-mode shifter, and accessible exhilarated steering wheel, memory for driver’s seats and mirror, and Remote Engine Start3. Enhanced interior materials and pattern facilities emanate a some-more reward demeanour and feel via a ample Rogue cabin. Also new is a Platinum Reserve Interior Package, highlighted by reward tan leather-appointed seats with special quilted leather inserts.
As in prior years, a 2017 Rogue offers discretionary 3-row/7-passenger seating, along with well-developed newcomer and load coherence with a innovative EZ Flex Seating System™ and Divide-N-Hide® Cargo System (not accessible with Rogue Hybrid). The innovative Divide-N-Hide® Cargo System provides 18 tractable variations between a load and passenger areas (two-row models) and creates a prosaic load area with a 2nd quarrel chair folded down. When some-more space is indispensable for carrying taller or bulkier items, obscure a building house creates a deeper load well.
Rogue is versed with a customary 170-horsepower 2.5-liter DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder engine. The new Rogue Hybrid’s modernized 2.0-liter engine/30kW electric engine multiple has a net complement horsepower rating of 176 hp and produces fuel economy4 of adult to 33 mpg city, 35 mpg highway and 34 mpg total for front-wheel expostulate models. Both powertrains are matched with an modernized Xtronic delivery with Sport and Eco Mode switches.
Available Rogue record facilities embody NissanConnectSM with Navigation, Mobile Apps, and Services, with 7.0-inch tone touch-screen display, Nissan Voice Recognition for navigation and audio, SiriusXM® Travel Link and SiriusXM® Traffic (SiriusXM® subscription required, sole separately), Around View® Monitor with Moving Object Detection (MOD)5, radar-based Blind Spot Warning (BSW)6 and a new-for-2017 Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) 2 and Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection1.
Rogue has been named a “Top Safety Pick” 7 by a Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) for 2015 and 2016 and a “Top Safety Pick +”8 for 2017 when versed with discretionary front pile-up impediment and specific headlights.
Rogue is offering in 3 well-equipped gasoline engine-equipped class levels – S, SV and SL – and Rogue Hybrid is offering in dual class levels, SV and SL. Rogue is fabricated in Smyrna, Tennessee, Kyushu, Japan and Busan, Korea.
For some-more information on a 2017 Nissan Rogue, greatfully revisit www.NissanNews.com.
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan’s operations embody automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, placement and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving a sourroundings underneath a Nissan Green Program and has been famous annually by a U.S Environmental Protection Agency as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of a Year given 2010. More information on Nissan in North America and a finish line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online during www.NissanUSA.com and www.InfinitiUSA.com, or revisit a U.S. media sites NissanNews.com and InfinitiNews.com.
About Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Nissan is a tellurian full-line automobile manufacturer that sells some-more than 60 models underneath a Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. In mercantile year 2015, a association sole some-more than 5.4 million vehicles globally, generating income of 12.2 trillion yen. Nissan engineers, manufactures and markets a world’s best-selling all-electric automobile in history, a Nissan LEAF. Nissan’s tellurian domicile in Yokohama, Japan manages operations in 6 regions: ASEAN Oceania; Africa, Middle East India; China; Europe; Latin America and North America. Nissan has been partnered with French manufacturer Renault given 1999 and Mitsubishi Motors given 2016 underneath a Renault-Nissan Alliance.
Cars.com is a heading online end that helps automobile shoppers and owners navigate each spin of automobile ownership. A colonize in automotive classifieds, a association has developed into one of a largest digital automotive platforms, joining consumers with inner dealers opposite a nation anytime, anywhere. Through devoted consultant content, on-the-lot mobile app features, millions of new and used automobile listings, a extensive set of investigate collection and a largest database of consumer reviews in a industry, Cars.com helps shoppers buy, sell and use their vehicles.
# # #
Product Communications, Nissan North America
- Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection is not a deputy for obliged driving. May not yield warning or braking in certain conditions. Limitations apply. See Owner’s Manual for details.
- Intelligent Cruise Control is not a collision deterrence complement or warning device. Designed to use singular braking. Failure to request a brakes could outcome in an accident.
- State laws might apply; examination inner laws before using.
- Fuel economy formed on targeted 2017 EPA fuel economy estimates for 2017 Rogue. EPA information not accessible during time of publication. Targeted 2017 fuel economy 26 mpg city or 33 mpg highway or 29 mpg total (FWD) or 25 mpg city or 32 mpg highway or 28 mpg total (AWD) guess formed on Nissan inner contrast results, theme to EPA confirmation. Actual mileage might change with pushing conditions – use for comparison only.
- AVM with MOD can't totally discharge blind spots and might not detect each object. MOD operates during vehicles speeds next 5 mph. Always check vicinity before relocating vehicle. Not a surrogate for correct subsidy procedures. Always spin to check what is behind we before subsidy up.
- Blind Spot Warning is not a surrogate for correct line change procedures. The complement will not forestall hit with other vehicles or accidents. It might not detect each automobile or intent around you.
- For some-more information, see www.iihs.org
- When versed with Forward Emergency Braking and LED low-beam headlights.