- Independent automobile writers organisation selects redesigned Nissan Armada SUV for a looks, towing capability and docile size
- All-new second-generation Armada comes customary with modernized 390-horsepower 5.6-liter Endurance® V8 and 7-speed involuntary delivery – charity best-in-class1 customary horsepower
- Available in a operation of 3 high-content class levels in both 2-wheel and 4-wheel- expostulate configurations
- Rugged Armada pattern doesn’t brief owners on amenities – it facilities customary Nissan Navigation with 8.0-inch tone display, exhilarated front seats and 13-speaker Bose® audio system
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The 2017 Nissan Armada full-size SUV has been named a 2017 “NEMPA Best in Class Large SUV” by a New England Motor Press Association (NEMPA). Vehicles comparison for a 2017 NEMPA awards are judged on a operation of criteria, including bearing for New England’s singular roads, meridian and user needs.
“Nissan landed only in a right mark with a Armada – imperishable good looks, energy to draw adult to 8,500 pounds and seating for 8 – all in a package that isn’t too big,” pronounced John Paul, president, New England Motor Press Association.
The full-size Armada, that was totally redesigned for a 2017 indication year, is built on a birthright of a Nissan Patrol – a workhorse for a universe for many decades. While it is dictated essentially for family adventures here in North America, a Armada stays loyal to a roots as a strong, durable and authentic full-size 8-passenger SUV.
Key distinctions between a 2017 Armada and a prior era embody a uninformed extraneous design, extended opening from a new 5.6-liter Endurance® V8 with best-in-class1 390-horsepower and a new 7-speed involuntary transmission, a gentle full-feature cabin and class-exclusive1 accessible reserve and confidence facilities – including Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW)2, Blind Spot Intervention (BSI)3, Backup Collision Intervention (BCI)4 and Around View® Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection (MOD)5. Armada has a towing ability of 8,500 pounds for both 4WD and 2WD models (when scrupulously equipped).
“Armada has been one of a loyal stars of Nissan’s SUV and crossover lineup for 2017, with sales already adult some-more than 150 percent in a initial 4 months of a calendar year,” pronounced Scott Shirley, clamp president, CMM and Marketing Operations, Nissan North America, Inc. “New England is traditionally one of best markets for Armada sales, so we are generally respected to be given this prestigious sign of capitulation by a automotive experts in a region.”
The 2017 Armada is accessible in a operation of 3 high-content class levels – SV, SL and Platinum – in both 2-wheel and 4-wheel-drive configurations. It has a starting MSRP6 of $44,900 and is on sale now during Nissan dealerships nationwide.
In further to a Armada award, Steve Oldham, manager, Nissan Division Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region Communications, was presented with a NEMPA “Camel’s Back Award,” that is presented any year to a automotive press corps deputy who has “consistently good amusement and genuine helpfulness.”
For some-more information on a 2017 Armada and a finish Nissan car lineup, greatfully revisit www.NissanNews.com.
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan’s operations embody automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, placement and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving a sourroundings underneath a Nissan Green Program and has been famous annually by a U.S Environmental Protection Agency as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of a Year given 2010. More information on Nissan in North America and a finish line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online during www.NissanUSA.com and www.InfinitiUSA.com, or revisit a U.S. media sites NissanNews.com and InfinitiNews.com.
About Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Nissan is a tellurian full-line car manufacturer that sells some-more than 60 models underneath a Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. In mercantile year 2016, a association sole 5.63 million vehicles globally, generating income of 11.72 trillion yen. Nissan engineers, manufactures and markets a world’s best-selling all-electric car in history, a Nissan LEAF. Nissan’s tellurian domicile in Yokohama, Japan, manages operations in 6 regions: ASEAN Oceania; Africa, Middle East India; China; Europe; Latin America; and North America. Nissan has a tellurian workforce of 247,500 and has been partnered with French manufacturer Renault underneath a Renault-Nissan Alliance given 1999. In 2016, Nissan acquired a 34 percent interest in Mitsubishi Motors, that became a third full member of a Alliance – a organisation with total annual sales of roughly 10 million units a year.
For some-more information about a products, services and joining to tolerable mobility, revisit nissan-global.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and see all a latest videos on YouTube.
About New England Motor Press Association (NEMPA)
The New England Motor Press Association was founded in 1987 to coordinate veteran media coverage of a automobile attention in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont, whose 14.5 million adults have singular demographics and automotive preferences. NEMPA’s media members seem on network and wire TV, on a Internet and radio, and in informal and inhabitant newspapers and magazines. For some-more information, greatfully visit: www.nempa.org.
# # #
1. Comparison formed on 2017 Nissan Armada vs. latest in-market Ward’s Large Sport Utility shred (excluding extended length vehicles). Source: manufacturer’s website.
2. PFCW is dictated to advise we before a collision occurs; it can't forestall a collision. Speed and other stipulations apply. See Owner’s Manual for details.
3. Blind Spot Intervention is not a surrogate for correct line change procedure. The complement will not forestall hit with other vehicles or accidents. It might not detect each car or intent around you.
4. Backup Collision Intervention will not detect each object, and speed stipulations apply. Always check vicinity and spin to demeanour behind we before relocating vehicle. See Owner’s Manual for details.
5. AVM with MOD can't totally discharge blind spots and might not detect each object. MOD operates during vehicles speeds next 5 mph. Always check vicinity before relocating vehicle. Not a surrogate for correct subsidy procedures. Always spin to check what is behind we before subsidy up.
6. MSRP excludes germane tax, title, permit fees and end charges. Dealer sets tangible price. Prices and specs are theme to change but notice. Destination and doing $1,195.