07/03/2018, Fountain Valley, CA
- Total Sales Up 18 Percent
- Fourth Consecutive Month of All-Time SUV Sales; Exceeds 30,000 SUV Units Sold
- Highest Tucson Sales Month Ever; Up 62 Percent
- Elantra Sales Up 34 Percent
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Jul 3, 2018 – Hyundai Motor America reported Jun sales of Hyundai- and Genesis-branded vehicles of 64,052 units, an 18 percent boost in comparison with Jun 2017 and a second true month of double number sales growth.
Sales by Brand
Hyundai Brand Highlights
Hyundai’s gains came from opposite a lineup with a SUV products again heading a way. Total SUV sales were adult 37 percent, surpassing 30,000 units for a initial time ever and substantiating an all-time record for a fourth month in a row. Tucson continues to be a standout with sales adult 62 percent, offered 16,173 units, a tip monthly sum ever, and a fourth uninterrupted month with an all-time high. Tucson’s monthly record also continued for a 16th month in a row. The all-new Kona had a clever month as well, offered 4,240 units.
The rest of Hyundai’s core lineup also achieved good in June. Elantra sales augmenting by 34 percent, Sonata was adult 5 percent and Ioniq grew by 7 percent. The all-new Veloster began entering dealerships, pushing sales adult 6 percent. Hyundai’s CPO program, named a top non-luxury CPO program in a attention by Autotrader, also had a good month with sales augmenting by 7 percent.
“June was a well-rounded month for Hyundai, achieving both altogether and sell sales expansion and saying gains in a pivotal sedan segments and SUVs,” pronounced John Angevine, director, National Sales, Hyundai Motor America. “The realignment of Hyundai’s lineup is commencement to take reason with SUV sales reaching scarcely half of a sum volume. With a all-new Santa Fe entrance after this summer, consumers are noticing a strength of a SUV products and a dealers are delivering in communicating a flexibility of a lineup to accommodate any need.”
June Product and Corporate Activities
- J.D. Power IQS: Hyundai ranked as a second-highest non-premium code in J.D. Power’s 2018 U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS) and was one of a many softened brands, relocating from sixth to third overall.
- Santa Fe Production Starts: Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama began production of a all-new 2019 Santa Fe during a commencement of a month with skeleton to furnish some-more than 84,000 by a finish of a year.
- AutoPacific’s VSA: Hyundai was named 2018’s Most Satisfying Popular Brand in AutoPacific’s annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards (VSAs). In further to winning this altogether title, Hyundai had 3 cars—the Sonata, Elantra and Accent—that warranted tip spots in their particular categories.
- Xevo Partnership: At TU-Automotive Detroit, Hyundai and Xevo showcased an in-vehicle payment concept that connects renouned brands to Hyundai vehicles. With this technology, Hyundai expects to be means to offer business a ability to compensate for equipment from certain retailers by a vehicle’s telematics system.
- Ant-Man and The Wasp: In allege of a movie’s recover on Jul 6, Hyundai denounced a marketing plan for a 2019 Veloster that includes an in-movie integration, a new blurb and an interactive sweepstakes for a possibility during an early screening.
- Kamp Kona: In June, Hyundai and BuzzFeed teamed adult to horde a three-stop song experience in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Echo Park, California and Marfa, Texas headlined by Dan Deacon and featuring internal performers and artists.
Hyundai Model Sales
Genesis Brand Highlights
Genesis Motor America reported sales of 796 in June, a 51 percent diminution compared with a year prior.
In a month of June, Genesis perceived a tip probable honors from dual heading third-party attention consultancies. Genesis was awarded Highest Satisfaction Premium Brand by AutoPacific for a initial time, as a Genesis G90 oppulance sedan perceived tip billing for a second uninterrupted year in a firm’s annual VSA. Genesis achieved a tip code compensation measure to date. Genesis also ranked tip among all automotive brands in a J.D. Power 2018 U.S. IQS, and G90 placed initial among vehicles in a Large Premium Car shred for peculiarity ratings.
Genesis Model Sales