GMC Introduces 2016 Sierra with eAssist
Technologically modernized reward lorry offers larger efficiency, capability
OSHAWA (Wednesday, Feb 26, 2016) – Building on GMC Sierra’s modernized powertrain technologies, new eAssist record enhances a position as one of a industry’s many innovative and able trucks, assisting it grasp adult to 9 percent larger city fuel economy – and solidifying a segment-best ranking for V8 efficiency.
Starting this spring, a new eAssist complement is exclusively accessible on a already well-equipped 2016 Sierra 1500 SLT organisation cab 4WD indication with a SLT Premium Plus package. For 2016 we will producing a singular series of eAssist models for a Canadian market.
“Innovative record that enhances capability is during a core of all we do during GMC and a new Sierra with eAssist takes it to a aloft level,” pronounced Mike Speranzini, code executive Buick GMC. “Its advantages are delivered in a compromise-free package that enables real-world fuel assets with reward calm that provides a really high turn of refinement, comfort and connectivity.”
Compared to a allied Sierra 1500 with a 5.3L/eight-speed powertrain, a Sierra with eAssist offers an EPA-estimated 14.4 L/100 km city – a 1.5 L/100km improvement. The total guess improves 0.8 L/100km to 13.0 L/100km. The 5.3L eAssist V8 delivers a same performance, towing and cargo as a stream 5.3L V8 engine.
The new eAssist powertrain is accessible in a Sierra SLT organisation cab with a up-level Premium Plus package, a package that is also accessible with a customary 5.3L non- eAssist engine and a 6.2L V8 engine. The SLT Premium Plus package includes an endless list of reward technologies and features:
- High-performance LED headlamps, LED taillamps and thin-profile LED foglamps
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto harmony (subject to their terms, remoteness statements and information devise rates, as good as a concordant smartphone)
- IntelliLink with navigation and 8-inch-diagonal tone hold screen
- Bose reward audio system
- Wireless phone charging
- Heated and vented leather-appointed seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Lane Keep Assist and Forward Collision Alert
- IntelliBeam headlamps
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Rear Vision camera.
The max trailering rating is 9,400 lbs. and a Eaton locking back differential is standard, for sure-footed traction on sleazy surfaces.
The Sierra’s eAssist powertrain is a light foundation complement leveraging General Motors’ latest foundation technologies. It builds on a modernized technologies of a 5.3L V8 engine, including approach injection, non-static valve timing and Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation), complementing them with a compress lithium-ion battery container to raise potency through:
- Stop/Start capability: Additional fuel assets are achieved by branch off a engine when stopped during a stop light or complicated trade and restarting a engine when a motorist rises his or her feet from a stop pedal
- Electric appetite boost: The on-board electric engine provides a appetite boost during acceleration and passing, while enabling a engine to work in four-cylinder mode for longer periods, for additional fuel savings
- Regenerative braking: By regulating a on-board electric engine as a generator, a appetite recovered while braking is converted to electricity to recharge a onboard battery system
- Aero enhancements: A 6 percent alleviation in aerodynamics contributes to fuel economy due to a customary soothing tonneau cover and involuntary grille shutters, that can tighten during speeds over 30 mph in sequence to serve revoke drag and fuel consumption.
The eAssist complement includes a 24-cell, air-cooled 0.45 kWh lithium-ion battery pack, located underneath a core console (or front dais seat). It adds usually about 100 pounds to a vehicle’s quell weight.
A compress initiation motor, located on a appendage drive, provides 15 kW of rise regenerative capability, interjection to modernized program controls formed on a Chevrolet Volt. It performs like an electric torque booster, providing adult to 44 lb-ft (60 Nm) and adult to 13 hp (9.7 kW) of additional boost in high bucket situations. There’s also a liquid-cooled appetite inverter procedure located underneath a hood.
About GMC in Canada
GMC has made trucks given 1902, with creation and engineering value built into all GMC vehicles. The code is elaborating to offer some-more fuel-efficient trucks and crossovers, including a Terrain tiny SUV and Acadia crossover. GMC’s highest-volume vehicle, a Sierra pickup, is a many absolute light avocation pickup on a market, and a initial full-size pickup to accept a top probable five-star Overall Vehicle Score for reserve given a U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration altered a New Car Assessment Program for a 2011 indication year. Details on all GMC models are accessible during http://www.gmc.gm.ca, on Twitter during @GMCCanada or during http://www.facebook.com/gmccanada.