- Best month ever for a RDX and for any Acura SUV
- Best sales month for any Acura indication in some-more than a decade
The all-new 2019 Acura RDX compress oppulance SUV came out of a embankment during full gallop, assisting mangle mixed U.S. sales annals in June, while commanding a rarely rival segment. The 2019 model, that arrived during U.S. dealerships Jun 1, is a initial in a new era of Acura products and represents a many endless Acura redesign in a decade.
- RDX sales set an all-time record for any month jumping 36.9% over Jun 2017 (itself a record month) on sales of 7,292 units.
- RDX set a new monthly sales record for Acura SUVs, eclipsing a prior symbol of 6,761 units set by MDX in 2014.
- RDX sales in Jun were a top monthly sales sum of any Acura indication in some-more than a decade (since a Acura TL sedan in Apr 2006).
- RDX was a best-selling indication in a compress oppulance SUV shred and one of a top-selling oppulance vehicles in America in June.
- RDX propelled Acura to a new Jun light-truck sales record of 11,185 units, a 16.9 percent benefit over Jun of final year.
“The 2019 RDX sets a substructure for a whole new era of Acura products, and this implausible response from a marketplace and all of a stakeholders affirms a instruction we are holding a Acura brand,” pronounced Jon Ikeda, clamp boss ubiquitous manager of Acura.
2019 Acura RDX
Debuting a next-generation of Acura design, opening and technology, and a model’s first-ever A-Spec variant, a all-new 2019 Acura RDX went on-sale Jun 1 during Acura dealerships national with a class-leading array of reward facilities and technologies and a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP1) starting during $37,300 (excluding $995 end and handling).
The 2019 RDX is built on an all-new, Acura-exclusive physique and framework design and incorporates a horde of new reward facilities and technologies, including Acura’s True Touchpad® Interface (standard), an ultra-wide breathtaking moonroof (standard), Acura ELS Studio 3D™ reward audio, and next-generation Acura competition seats with adult to 16-way energy adjustment.
The all-new RDX is powered by a direct-injected and turbocharged 2.0-liter, 16-valve powerplant with DOHC VTEC® valvetrain corresponding to a segment’s usually 10-speed involuntary delivery (10AT). Peak outlay of 272 horsepower (SAE net) and 280 lb.-ft. of torque (SAE net) bests RDX’s pivotal competitors and delivers 40 percent some-more low-end torque than a effusive 3.5L V6 for absolute acceleration.
The 2019 Acura RDX is a initial RDX to be designed and grown in America. Like a predecessor, a new RDX is done in East Liberty, Ohio, with a powertrain constructed during a company’s other plants in Ohio and Georgia.
Acura is a heading automotive oppulance nameplate that delivers Precision Crafted Performance, representing a strange values of a Acura code – a joining to evocative styling, high opening and innovative engineering, all built on a substructure of peculiarity and reliability.
The Acura lineup facilities 6 particular models – a RLX premium, oppulance sedan, a TLX opening oppulance sedan, a ILX competition sedan, a 5-passenger RDX oppulance crossover SUV, a seven-passenger Acura MDX, America’s all-time best-selling three-row oppulance SUV and a next-generation, electrified NSX supercar as a new and apex countenance of Acura Precision Crafted Performance.
Five of a 6 models in a Acura lineup are done exclusively in executive Ohio regulating domestic and globally sourced parts, including a ILX and TLX oppulance sports sedans (Marysville Auto Plant), a RDX and MDX oppulance SUVs (East Liberty Auto Plant) and a Acura NSX supercar, that is built to sequence during a Performance Manufacturing Center in Marysville, Ohio.
For More Information
Additional media information including pricing, facilities and high-resolution photography is accessible during AcuraNews.com. Consumer information is accessible during Acura.com. Follow Acura on amicable media during Acura.us/SocialChannels.
1. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) incompatible tax, license, registration, $995 end assign and options. Dealer prices might vary.
# # #