• November sales total 30,727 units, second best November since 1973
• Chattanooga-built Passat delivered 8,876 units for the month
• Jetta Sedan delivered 10,828 units for the month
• Tiguan delivered 2,235 units for the month
• High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 21 percent of sales in
November and 24 percent of sales year-to-date, the best year-to-date results
o Passat TDI sales reach 32,754 year-to-date, the best year-to-date TDI
results on record
Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported 30,727 units delivered in November and 373,689 units year-to-date. November sales achieved the second highest level since 1973. Adjusted for models in run-out, Volkswagen’s year-to-date pace is essentially on pace with the prior year-to-date sales.
“Volkswagen is now operating at a new level not seen in 40 years, and with the strength of our line-up, we are confident we will close out a second consecutive year with over 400,000 vehicles,” said Jonathan Browning, president and CEO, Volkswagen Group of America. “Having doubled sales from 2009 and with the strong investments in North American investment plans, we are confident that we have a strong base for future growth.”
Volkswagen also took another step forward last month with the release of the J.D. Power 2013 Sales Satisfaction (SSI) results. The brand is now amongst the Top 5 volume players and ahead of key Asian competitors.