Add to File Folder
– August sales total 35,181 units
– The all-new Golf delivered 1,773 units for the month, marking a 17.3 percent
increase in sales for the model over the previous August
– The Golf GTI delivered 2,026 units, a 46.7 percent increase
– Passat delivered 9,190 units for the month
– Jetta sedan delivered 13,406 units for the month
– Tiguan delivered 2,151 units for the month
– High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 8,182 units, representing
23.3 percent of sales in August
– Year-to-date TDI sales were 57,384, representing 23.4 percent of sales
– Passat TDI sales were 2,767, representing 30.1 percent of sales of the vehicle
The 2015 Jetta sedan has been refined with updates that include some important updates including a crisp new look designed with aerodynamics in mind, a new interior, new diesel engine offering and a host of newly available driver assistance systems. The vehicle has already earned the top five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Standard safety equipment on the Jetta includes six airbags, antilock brakes and electronic stability control. New optional safety features include a blind-spot monitor, plus rear traffic alert and forward collision warning. The 2015 Jetta will go on sale this fall. Total Jetta deliveries for August, including SportWagen, accounted for 15,361 units.
The all-new, seventh generation Golf is off to a strong start with the Golf TSI and TDI Clean Diesel models are now more readily available in dealer showrooms. The all-new Golf and the all-new GTI are continuing to earn high praise in the industry including a Top Safety Pick + rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and most recently an “A” rating in the Edmunds.com Top Rated Awards, the highest rating handed down by the editors and evaluators at Edmunds.com.
“This summer we made some significant product introductions with the rollout of the all-new Golf family featuring more fuel efficient engines, improved versatility and safety along with an array of new technologies,” said Mark McNabb, chief operating officer, Volkswagen of America. “With the updated 2015 Jetta hitting dealer showrooms this month, offering more driver assistance features and a NHTSA five-star rating, we are confident our refreshed lineup will spark more consumer demand for the brand.”
The Chattanooga-built Passat totaled 9,190 units delivered for the month. In August the Passat TDI, the only clean diesel in the midsize sedan segment, delivered 2,767 clean diesels or 30.1percent of total Passat sales. The Tiguan and Touareg delivered 2,151 and 686 units respectively.