TORONTO, Ontario (Jan. 14, 2020) – Toyota is committed to ancillary and fostering a some-more thorough and tolerable society. To grasp that goal, a Toyota Environmental Challenge 2050 was grown to residence a vital environmental issues confronting a tellurian community, such as meridian change, H2O scarcity, apparatus lassitude and medium loss.
Toyota Environmental Challenge 2050’s initial 3 hurdles concentration on CO and call for shortening hothouse gas emissions from new vehicles, operations and supply sequence activities. The fourth plea addresses H2O accessibility and quality, while a fifth and sixth hurdles find to pierce closer to contributing to a recycling-based multitude and safeguarding nature.
Progress on any of those hurdles is summarized in the 2019 North American Environmental Report. Some of a highlights from 2019 embody a initial proviso of a Zero-and-Near-Zero Emission Freight Facilities Project (ZANZEFF) that will revoke GHG emissions by 500 tons, recycle of over half a billion gallons of H2O during prolongation comforts and grasp a 93% recycling, reuse or composting rate of rubbish during all North American facilities.
“From product growth to infrastructure, emissions to rubbish rebate and beyond, Toyota is committed to ‘walking a walk’ and achieving a goals we’ve set onward as partial of a tellurian Toyota Environmental Challenge 2050,” says Stephen Beatty, Vice President, Corporate, Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI). “These standards are engrained in a culture, and we mount beside a valued partners in a common efforts to emanate a some-more tolerable destiny for a planet.”
Additional highlights from a 2019 North American Environmental Report embody a following:
- Toyota is committed to charity an electrified chronicle of any Toyota and Lexus indication by 2025.
- Toyota is entering into Virtual Power Purchase Agreements (VPPAs), that will be used to revoke GHG emissions from a North American operations by adult to 40 per cent over a subsequent 3 years.
- Toyota Canada has been investing in and to enlivening a growth of hydrogen fueling infrastructure in Canada.
- The Toyota Mirai fuel-cell electric car became accessible for swift squeeze in both Quebec and British Columbia.
- Toyota’s North American prolongation plants recycled or reused 565 million gallons of H2O final year.
- Toyota’s public plant in Cambridge, Ontario grown a new cleaning representative that saves 11,300 gallons of well-off and cuts a series of poor bumpers in half.
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is assisting to modify low-end cosmetic throw into beautiful, durable outward furniture.
- Across North America, including during TCI and TMMC, Toyota has 17 sites with pollinator gardens ancillary sovereign butterflies along their emigration path.
- Toyota has 13 sites intent in charge programs approved by Wildlife Habitat Council®.
- We are gratified that 67 Toyota and Lexus dealerships in Canada, a U.S. and Mexico have turn LEED®-certified. Achieving LEED® acceptance illustrates a dealerships’ joining to tolerable construction and remodeling.
- For a fourth uninterrupted year, Toyota Canada associates participated in a WWF CN Tower Climb for Nature, severe participants to stand a 1,776 stairs of Canada’s tallest tower. Toyota Canada’s group lifted some-more than $5,000 to support WWF.
- For a second year in a row, Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) won a Green Award of Excellence from East Penn Canada. The endowment recognizes TCI’s joining to car battery recycling.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is a disdainful Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sole over 8 million vehicles in Canada by a inhabitant network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and trustworthiness to a vehicles Canadians expostulate and a use they receive. TCI’s conduct bureau is located in Toronto, with informal offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax, and tools placement centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates dual prolongation comforts in Canada. Having constructed some-more than 8 million vehicles, renouned Canadian models built during these comforts embody Toyota RAV4, Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Recent investments during a comforts in Ontario will concede for increasing prolongation of a top-selling Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid models.
About Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada:
TMMC now manufactures a Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles during 3 prolongation plants in Ontario, Canada and was a initial plant outward of Japan to build a Lexus vehicle. In further to receiving dual plant awards in 2019, a Lexus RX was also celebrated with a J.D. Power Award for a tip car in a shred category.
Toyota Canada Inc.