- Fuel dungeon trucks and fuel dungeon generators to use hydrogen
- Promotion of CO2 emissions rebate and appetite assign in preference store placement and operation
TORONTO, ONTARIO, Jun 6, 2018 – Seven-Eleven and Toyota recently announced sum of a corner plan to revoke CO2 emissions. Seven-Eleven and Toyota entered into a simple agreement in Aug 2017 per considerations toward appetite assign and CO dioxide glimmer rebate in store placement and operation. Toyota has been questioning a use of newly grown fuel dungeon trucks and fuel dungeon generators, and a plan will be implemented in stages starting in 2019.
The plan aims to deliver technologies and systems grown by Toyota in Seven-Eleven store operation and placement to revoke CO2 emissions. Stationary fuel dungeon generators (FC generators) and rechargeable batteries will be introduced in stores managed centrally, by building appetite government systems (BEMS) that lift a suit of renewable appetite and electric appetite subsequent from hydrogen used. A newly grown tiny fuel dungeon lorry (small FC truck) will be introduced in a placement process, aiming to grasp 0 emissions of substances of regard including CO2.
The Seven i Group is now addressing 5 pivotal issues*. Regarding non-wasteful use of products, mixture and energy, Seven i is seeking to enhance renewable appetite use in line with a objectives of a Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by a United Nations in 2015. Specifically, a Group skeleton to boost renewable appetite use in stores to 20 percent and revoke CO2 emissions by 27 percent compared to FY 2013 by 2030. Seven-Eleven is holding measures to revoke CO2 emissions via a whole supply sequence to accommodate a goals, focusing on renewable energy.
On Dec 7, 2017, Seven-Eleven non-stop a environmentally, user accessible Seven-Eleven Chiyoda Nibancho Store as a flagship of these initiatives. The second store, a Seven-Eleven Sagamihara Hashimotodai Itchome Store, non-stop on May 22, 2018, with renewable appetite accounting for 46 percent of a store’s electric appetite usage. Toyota technologies and systems that use hydrogen will be introduced in stores and placement sites, with subsequent era stores regulating some-more renewable energy. Two tiny FC trucks are dictated to be introduced within a Tokyo civil segment in approximately open 2019, and operations of subsequent era stores are approaching to embark in approximately autumn 2019.
*Seven i Group’s 5 pivotal issues:
1) Providing Social Infrastructure for an Aging Society and Declining Population; 2) Providing Safety and Reliability by Products and Stores; 3) Non-Wasteful Usage of Products, Ingredients and Energy; 4) Supporting a Active Role of Women, Youth and Seniors opposite a Group and in Society; 5) Building an Ethical Society and Improving Resource Sustainability Together with Customers and Business Partners.
Toyota announced a Toyota Environmental Challenge 2050 in Oct 2015, that aims to support in building a tolerable society. Accordingly, Toyota is holding active measures to revoke CO2 emissions by compelling fit appetite use and choice appetite use, to residence tellurian environmental issues such as tellurian warming, apparatus scarcity, and appetite challenges. The stream corner plan aims to revoke CO2 emissions and preserve appetite in Seven-Eleven store operation and distribution, and intends to support a accumulation and corroboration of new technologies and believe such as tiny FC trucks and FC generators.
Details of a corner plan are set onward below.
1) Overview of a Joint Project
- The dual companies will examine ways to gain renewable appetite and use appetite efficiently, aiming to change a appetite used in stores to renewable appetite and low-carbon hydrogen.
- Rechargeable batteries and still FC generators will be commissioned in stores and tiny FC trucks will be introduced for deliveries to revoke CO2 emissions. Performance, costs, durability, and CO2 rebate effects will be evaluated with a aim of promoting further deployment.
2) Items to be introduced during stores
1) FC generator
- An FC generator will be commissioned in a store, generating electricity from hydrogen for store use.
- Boil-off hydrogen from a hydrogen hire can also potentially be used.
- Efforts will be done to use hydrogen appetite effectively, aiming toward a use of low-carbon hydrogen.
2) Stationary rechargeable batteries
- Rechargeable batteries for fast use of solar electric power, outlay continue dependent.
- When appetite is generated in additional of store demand, a batteries charge. When there is a necessity in appetite generated, a batteries discharge, lifting a suit of renewable appetite use in a store.
- End-of-life batteries from hybrid vehicles will be used as rechargeable batteries.
3) Building appetite government complement (BEMS)
- Controls solar appetite generation, FC generators, and still rechargeable batteries, optimally provision appetite to a store according to a store’s appetite expenditure status.
4) Charger with appetite supply function
- In further to charging BEVs and PHEVs, a chargers can supply electric appetite from BEVs, PHEVs, and FCEVs to a store. When necessary, a horse can be operated with a BEMS to supply appetite from a BEV, PHEV, or FCEV that’s connected to a horse that’s also connected to a store, progressing store operations and contributing to internal liberation during a disaster.
3) Items to be introduced in placement (Tokyo civil region) Small FC Trucks
- The trucks, versed with Mirai FC units, do not evacuate any CO2 or other substances of concern during operation.
- The electric appetite generated by a FC section powers a lorry and serves as a appetite source for a fridge unit.
- When stopped, a FC section reserve generated electricity to a refrigerator/freezer unit.
- The lorry will be versed with an outmost appetite supply function, for high-output, high-capacity electric appetite supply (maximum outlay of 9.8 kilowatts and limit ability of 235 kilowatt hours) and can be used as a appetite source during a disaster.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is a disdainful Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sole over 5 million vehicles in Canada by a inhabitant network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and trustworthiness in a vehicles Canadians expostulate and a use they receive. TCI’s conduct bureau is located in Toronto, with informal offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and tools placement centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates dual production comforts in Canada. Having constructed some-more than 8 million vehicles, renouned Canadian models built during these comforts embody Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.