- Ford serve stairs adult a diversion by introducing initial performance-enhanced ST to a SUV lineup with a all-new Edge ST
- Edge ST facilities higher doing and braking, ST-tuned competition suspension, Sport Mode, new quick-shifting 8-speed transmission, customary all-wheel-drive, and a many absolute V6 engine in a class
- New Edge SUV lineup is Ford’s smartest ever, charity some-more customary driver-assist record than any other midsize SUV and introducing to a shred new accessible technologies such as Post-Collision Braking, Evasive Steering Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering
DETROIT, Jan. 11, 2018 – Ford starts introducing a desired ST code to a SUV lineup with a phenomenon of a all-new Edge ST today, building on a best-ever SUV sales year in a U.S and SUV best-selling code in Canada.
The all-new Edge ST – Ford’s initial SUV to be tuned by a Ford Performance group – facilities a many absolute V6 engine accessible in a category with a specifically tuned 2.7-litre twin-turbocharged EcoBoost® engine pumping out 335 horsepower and 380 lb.-ft. of torque.
It’s also given for energetic doing with a quick-shifting 8-speed involuntary transmission, customary all-wheel expostulate with selectable traction control, an accessible opening stop package, and ST-tuned competition suspension.
“Edge ST puts a new animal on a highway – a opening SUV with a lane mentality,” pronounced Hau Thai-Tang, executive clamp boss of Product Development and Purchasing. “From a opening standpoint, and with a SUV conformation and versatility, it sets a new customary Edge fans will adore to drive.”
A new Sport Mode allows Edge ST drivers to knowledge some-more assertive stifle response and changeable patterns that reason gears nearby redline by cornering maneuvers, crook engine braking, and a some-more musical empty tone. Drivers can also manually change regulating a steering wheel-mounted SelectShift® paddle shifters while resolutely positioned in singular Edge ST seating with additional bolstering.
To element a opening abilities, Edge ST facilities new front and back styling, a far-reaching filigree grille for optimal cooling, low side skirts and dual-exhaust outlets. Unique 21-inch wheels are accessible and interior pattern cues on a steering wheel, chair backs and repairs plates yield a pointed sign that this five-passenger SUV is something special.
Smart Vehicle for a Smart World
The new Edge – including all-new Edge ST – is Ford’s smartest SUV ever, and each indication comes customary with some-more driver-assist record than any other midsize SUV. This includes Forward Collision Warning and Dynamic Brake Support; Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection; BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert; Lane-Keeping Alert; Lane-Keeping Assist; Auto High Beams; and Hill-Start Assist. In addition, customary reserve facilities embody AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ and Curve Control, and 911 Assist®.
For 2019, Edge introduces a following first-for-Ford and first-in-segment facilities as possibly customary or accessible equipment:
- Post-Collision Braking: Helps revoke a impact of a intensity delegate collision by automatically requesting assuage stop vigour when an initial collision eventuality is detected; negligence a car can potentially relieve repairs to occupants and repairs to a vehicle
- Evasive Steering Assist: Helps drivers drive around stopped or slower vehicles to assistance equivocate collisions. Designed to work during city and highway speeds, it uses radar and a camera to detect slower-moving and still vehicles brazen and provides steering support to capacitate drivers to scheme around a car if a collision is imminent
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering: Helps a car say a gentle pushing stretch from vehicles brazen and helps revoke highlight during long, light-traffic highway trips by assisting keep a car centered in a lane
“Edge drivers design a sophisticated, complicated pushing experience,” pronounced Cristina Aquino, Edge selling manager. “Bringing a horde of new technologies as customary and introducing these segment-first facilities helps safeguard business feel some-more assured behind a wheel.”
Dual-stage airbags, side-curtain airbags, rain-sensing wipers, back perspective camera and an innovative active glove box knee airbag are also standard, while front and back ultrasonic sensors, 180-degree front and back cameras and Enhanced Active Park Assist are offering as accessible equipment.
Technology for a Connected World
Inside, drivers will find an accessible wireless charging pad nestled in a brazen media bin, and they can opt for an upgraded audio experience, HD Radio™ and a 12-speaker BO PLAY™ Premium Audio System by HARMAN specifically tuned for Edge.
Standard on all Edge models is FordPass® Connect, with a Wi-Fi hotspot that gives internet entrance to adult to 10 devices. Using a FordPass™ app, drivers can also use their smartphone to start, lock, clear and locate their Edge.
SYNC® with AppLink™, an extended voice-recognition communications and party system, is also standard. Drivers can also ascent to SYNC 3 with an 8-inch touchscreen for extended in-vehicle experience.
A strenuously worldly ride
The new Edge comes customary with a 2.0-litre EcoBoost engine that offers a 5 horsepower boost and softened fuel economy over a effusive model.
It is corresponding to a newly designed 8-speed delivery with Auto Start-Stop record that well turns a engine off when a car is stopped and idling, afterwards seamlessly restarts in milliseconds when a stop is released.
Inside, a redesigned core console is accentuated by an all-new rotary gearshift dial that frees adult space, allows easier entrance to a wireless charging pad and enhances a vehicle’s modern, worldly feel.
With a wider grille and freshened fascia that emanate an athletic, complicated appearance, a new Edge maintains a repute for sophistication it’s carried for some-more than a decade. Full LED headlamps are standard, LED haze lamps and signature lighting are accessible and a redesigned hood imparts a wider, some-more planted stance.
Built during a Oakville Assembly Plant in Oakville, Ontario, Canada, a new Ford Edge and all-new Edge ST are due to arrive in showrooms this summer.