, FRANKLIN, Tenn.
NISSAN NORTH AMERICA SALES UP 10.4% IN JANUARY
– New January records for Nissan Versa and Rogue –
Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) maintained momentum from a strong 2011 finish with January sales of 79,313 units versus 71,847 units a year earlier, an increase of 10.4 percent. Nissan Division sales rose 12.5 percent for the month to 72,517 units. Sales of Infiniti vehicles decreased 8.2 percent from the prior year, 6,796 units.
- Nissan Division delivered 72,517 units in January, an increase of 12.5 percent over the 64,442 units sold in January 2011.
- Nissan set a new January record for Versa sales with 9,418 deliveries, up 8.5 percent over the prior year.
- Sales of Nissan Altima, the industry’s second-best selling passenger car in 2011, increased 35.9 percent to 22,357 in January.
- Nissan Rogue sales set a new January record at 9,904 units, up 5.1 percent.
- Nissan’s truck lineup delivered a 21.6 percent gain over last January, led by Frontier (up 35.3 percent) and Pathfinder (up 30.6 percent).
- Deliveries of the all-electric Nissan LEAF totaled 676 in January, marking 10,369 U.S. sales for the world’s best-selling electric car since its December 2010 launch.
- Infiniti sales 6,796 units for January, a decrease of 8.2 percent versus 7,405 a year earlier.
- Sales of the Infiniti QX luxury utility totaled 1,020, an increase of 30.4 percent over last year.
“Nissan carried momentum from a strong finish to 2011 into January,” said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division. “January’s performance, especially for key models like Altima, Versa, Rogue and Frontier, reinforces our optimism that 2012 is going to be an even better year than 2011 for Nissan.”
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. January 2012 had 24 selling days, as did January 2011.
About Nissan Americas
In the Americas, Nissan’s operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and was recognized as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency in 2010 and 2011. More information, including photos and video b-roll, on Nissan in North America, the Nissan LEAF and zero emissions can be found at www.nissanusa.com.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan’s second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 248,000 employees globally, Nissan provided customers with more than 4.1 million vehicles in 2010, generating revenue of 8.77 trillion yen ($102.37 billion U.S.). With a strong commitment to developing exciting and innovative products for all, Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of 64 models under the Nissan and Infiniti brands. A pioneer in zero-emission mobility, Nissan made history with the introduction of the Nissan LEAF, the first affordable, mass-market, pure-electric vehicle and winner of numerous international accolades, including 2011 World Car of the Year.
For more information on our products, services and commitment to Sustainable Mobility, visit our website at http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.
Nissan North America
Tel # 615-725-1447