, FRANKLIN, Tenn.
NISSAN NORTH AMERICA SALES RISE 25.3% IN SEPTEMBER
Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today reported September U.S. sales of 92,964 units versus 74,205 units a year earlier, an increase of 25.3 percent. Nissan Division sales increased 28.2 percent for the month with 84,485 units. Sales of Infiniti vehicles increased 2.1 percent from the prior year, to 8,479 units.
- Nissan vehicles posted September sales of 84,485 units, an increase of 28.2 percent over the 65,900 units sold in September 2010.
- Strong combined sales of Nissan cars – including the Altima, Sentra, Maxima, and Versa – were up 32.3 percent versus the prior year at 55,751 units, setting a September record for total car sales.
- Versa saw a record September, with sales of 11,800 units increasing 68.1 percent over the prior year – helped by a strong start for the all-new Versa sedan, which had its first full month of sales in September.
- Strong sales of the Nissan Altima continue, with 24,356 units marking a September increase of 21.7 percent over the prior year, while Maxima sales jumped 26.3 percent to 6,133 units.
- The Rogue crossover vehicle continues to gain momentum, with sales of 10,740 units marking a 29.1 percent increase over last year – also a record September.
- Sales of the 100-percent electric Nissan LEAF totaled 1,031 units in September, with total sales of 7,217 units of the innovative, zero-emissions vehicle since its December 2010 U.S. debut.
- Infiniti sales totaled 8,479 units for September, an increase of 2.1 percent versus 8,305 a year earlier.
- Infiniti G Sedan sales of 3,940 marked an increase of 28.9 percent for the month, and the model’s best September.
- With sales of 1,206 in September, an increase of 46.7 percent, the Infiniti QX full-size luxury SUV has a year-over-year increase of 15.1 percent.
- The updated 2012 Infiniti FX, with a new front fascia, wheels and instrument cluster, arrives in Infiniti showrooms this month, and is expected to support continued growth for the brand in October.
“Thanks to a strong and diverse lineup of cars and trucks, Nissan division sales marked the best September in 26 years,” said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division. “Nissan saw year-over-year growth across the board, from our cars – including the all-new Versa sedan – to our crossovers and trucks as well.”
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. September 2011 had 25 selling days, while September 2010 also had 25 selling days.
About Nissan Americas
In the Americas, Nissan’s operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and was recognized as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency in 2010 and 2011. More information, including photos and video b-roll, on Nissan in North America, the Nissan LEAF and zero emissions can be found at www.nissanusa.com.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan’s second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 248,000 employees globally, Nissan provided customers with more than 4.1 million vehicles in 2010, generating revenue of 8.77 trillion yen ($102.37 billion U.S.). With a strong commitment to developing exciting and innovative products for all, Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of 64 models under the Nissan and Infiniti brands. A pioneer in zero-emission mobility, Nissan made history with the introduction of the Nissan LEAF, the first affordable, mass-market, pure-electric vehicle and winner of numerous international accolades, including the prestigious 2011 European Car of the Year award and 2011 World Car of the Year.
For more information on our products, services and commitment to Sustainable Mobility, visit our website at http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.
Nissan North America
Tel # 615-725-1447