, FRANKLIN, Tenn.
NISSAN NORTH AMERICA REPORTS 19.4% INCREASE IN NOVEMBER SALES
Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today reported record November U.S. sales of 85,182 units versus 71,366 units a year earlier, an increase of 19.4 percent. Nissan Division sales also set a new November record, increasing 21.5 percent for the month to 76,754 units. Sales of Infiniti vehicles increased 3 percent from the prior year, to 8,428 units.
- Nissan vehicles posted record November sales with 76,754 units, an increase of 21.5 percent over the 63,184 units sold in November 2010.
- Versa – led by brisk demand for the all-new 2012 Versa Sedan – set a new November record with 9,291 deliveries, an increase of 38.2 percent over the prior year.
- The Rogue crossover also delivered a November record with sales of 10,845 units marking a 27.2 percent increase over last year.
- The Nissan Altima maintains its place among the industry’s leading passenger cars, with 20,613 units marking an increase of 12.2 percent over the prior year and a new November record.
- Nissan’s lineup of trucks, SUVs and crossovers all showed gains over last November, led by the Frontier pickup (up 37.8 percent) and Pathfinder (up 26.3 percent).
- Sales of the 100-percent electric Nissan LEAF totaled 672 units in November, with deliveries totaling 8,738 units of the innovative, zero-emission vehicle since its December 2010 U.S. debut.
- Nissan Commercial Vehicles continues to build awareness for the 2012 Nissan NV commercial van, resulting in 1,238 deliveries, its best month since its Spring 2011 launch.
- Infiniti sales totaled 8,428 units for November, an increase of 3 percent versus 8,182 a year earlier.
- Infiniti QX sales of 1,446 was an increase of 9.0 percent for the month, the best November in the full-size luxury SUV’s history.
- With sales of 3,623, the Infiniti G Sedan had an increase of 26.9 percent for the month, its best November since 2007.
- The updated 2012 Infiniti FX saw an increase of 24.9 percent, the best November for the luxury performance crossover since 2007.
“Strong gains across our lineup extended Nissan’s record-breaking October into our best-ever November,” said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan Sales. “We expect to finish 2011 on a high note with vehicles like Altima, Versa, Sentra and Rogue leading Nissan to a strong close in December and into an even better 2012.”
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. November 2011 had 25 selling days, while November 2010 had 24 selling days.
About Nissan Americas
In the Americas, Nissan’s operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and was recognized as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency in 2010 and 2011. More information, including photos and video b-roll, on Nissan in North America, the Nissan LEAF and zero emissions can be found at www.nissanusa.com.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan’s second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 248,000 employees globally, Nissan provided customers with more than 4.1 million vehicles in 2010, generating revenue of 8.77 trillion yen ($102.37 billion U.S.). With a strong commitment to developing exciting and innovative products for all, Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of 64 models under the Nissan and Infiniti brands. A pioneer in zero-emission mobility, Nissan made history with the introduction of the Nissan LEAF, the first affordable, mass-market, pure-electric vehicle and winner of numerous international accolades, including the prestigious 2011 European Car of the Year award and 2011 World Car of the Year.
For more information on our products, services and commitment to Sustainable Mobility, visit our website at http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.
Nissan North America
Tel # 248-488-4227