, FRANKLIN, Tenn.
NISSAN NORTH AMERICA REPORTS 18% INCREASE IN OCTOBER SALES
Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today reported October U.S. sales of 82,346 units versus 69,773 units a year earlier, an increase of 18 percent. Nissan Division sales set a new October record, increasing 22.1 percent for the month to 75,484 units. Sales of Infiniti vehicles decreased 13.5 percent from the prior year, to 6,862 units.
- Nissan vehicles posted a new record for October sales with 75,484 units, an increase of 22.1 percent over the 61,843 units sold in October 2010.
- Versa – led by the all-new 2012 Versa Sedan in its second full month of sales – set a new October record with 8,889 deliveries, an increase of 47.1 percent over the prior year.
- Strong sales of the Nissan Altima continue, with 21,838 units marking an increase of 15.1 percent over the prior year and an October record.
- The Rogue crossover continues to gain momentum, with sales of 10,034 units marking a 13.2 percent increase over last year – another new October record. The 2012 Rogue, on sale now, is the first vehicle in Nissan’s lineup to offer the innovative, segment-exclusive Around View Monitor.
- Sales of the 100-percent electric Nissan LEAF totaled 849 units in October, with deliveries totaling 8,066 units of the innovative, zero-emissions vehicle since its December 2010 U.S. debut.
- Infiniti sales totaled 6,862 units for October, a decrease of 13.5 percent versus 7,930 a year earlier.
- Infiniti G Sedan sales of 2,986 marked an increase of 10.1 percent for the month, supporting an increase of 4.6 percent to 34,737 units for the calendar year.
- With sales of 1,244 units, an increase of 7.5 percent in October, the Infiniti QX full-size luxury has an increase of 14.1 percent to 10,247 for the year.
“It was a record-setting October for all of Nissan, led by key models like Altima, Versa and Rogue,” said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division. “It’s clear that, with a winning lineup of cars, trucks and crossovers, Nissan is ready for a strong finish to 2011.”
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. October 2011 had 26 selling days, while October 2010 had 27 selling days.
About Nissan Americas
In the Americas, Nissan’s operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and was recognized as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency in 2010 and 2011. More information, including photos and video b-roll, on Nissan in North America, the Nissan LEAF and zero emissions can be found at www.nissanusa.com.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan’s second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 248,000 employees globally, Nissan provided customers with more than 4.1 million vehicles in 2010, generating revenue of 8.77 trillion yen ($102.37 billion U.S.). With a strong commitment to developing exciting and innovative products for all, Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of 64 models under the Nissan and Infiniti brands. A pioneer in zero-emission mobility, Nissan made history with the introduction of the Nissan LEAF, the first affordable, mass-market, pure-electric vehicle and winner of numerous international accolades, including the prestigious 2011 European Car of the Year award and 2011 World Car of the Year.
For more information on our products, services and commitment to Sustainable Mobility, visit our website at http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.
Nissan North America
Tel # 248-488-4227