, YOKOHAMA, Japan
Nissan LEAF Wins 2011-2012 JAHFA Car of the Year and Car Design Awards
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. is proud to announce that its 100% electric car – the Nissan LEAF – has won the 2011-2012 Japan Automotive Hall of Fame (JAHFA) Car of the Year and 2011-2012 JAHFA Car Design of the Year awards, both presented by the selection committee of JAHFA.
Nissan LEAF won the JAHFA Car of the Year honor for the following reasons:
- The courage that Nissan displayed in developing a mass-market electric vehicle ahead of the rest of the world’s automakers.
- It is an attractive, competitive product that has been recognized globally.
- It has an EV-IT system that enhances the usability of the vehicle.
Nissan LEAF won the JAHFA Car Design of the Year award for the following reasons:
- It expresses thoughtful styling as a pioneer EV sedan.
- It reduces wind noise through its aerodynamic form.
- The car’s interior design expresses the feeling of a new era.
The Nissan LEAF is a newly-developed mass-market EV that offers an innovative form of mobility that is a step forward toward the realization of a sustainable zero-emission society. With a dedicated IT system that enables remote-control operation via a mobile phone, Nissan LEAF offers drivers a clean, comfortable and fun driving experience. The Nissan LEAF also offers new value in mobility through its ability to supply power from the car’s high-capacity lithium-ion batteries for domestic use where equipped with the car-to-home connectivity system.
For more information, visit the following websites:
Committee of Japan Automobile Hall of Fame: http://www.jahfa.jp/
Nissan LEAF: http://www.nissan-zeroemission.com/EN/LEAF/
Nissan Zero-emission: http://www.nissan-zeroemission.com/EN/