Taurus Limited offers luxury levels of customer comfort, convenience and connectivity technologies, while still projected to deliver up to 31 highway mpg when fitted with 2.0-liter EcoBoost power
Click here to download related images.
- Taurus builds on strong technology foundation for the new model, becoming Fords most technically advanced sedan yet
- Taurus offers a class-leading array of unique and unsurpassed technologies such as active park assist, making life simpler and more convenient for customers
- Taurus adds voice-controlled MyFord Touch driver connect technology powered by SYNC, Sony Audio System, HD Radio and navigation for ultimate in-car experience
NEW YORK, April 19, 2011 Fords new flagship sedan is set to debut with an array of safety, infotainment and fuel-saving technologies even more expensive sedans cant match.
Taurus already brings an arsenal of class-exclusive technologies that no other competitor can match, said Chief Program Engineer Bill Gubing. Our team understands how important it is to continue expanding our technology offerings to keep the next Taurus and its customers at the top of their respective games.
Just as the new Taurus leverages technology to deliver best-in-class fuel economy and performance, elevate driving dynamics and maintain its safety legacy, Fords flagship sedan also raises the technology bar. Adding unique new features like MyFord Touch powered by SYNC, active park assist and HD Radio to exclusive offerings like heated and cooled first-row multicontour seats with Active Motion and EcoBoost engine availabilities keeps Taurus a rolling showcase of technology leadership.
For full-size sedan buyers in general and customers choosing the completely reinvented Taurus in particular, technology is a key purchase motivator, said Taurus Marketing Manager Pei-Wen Hsu. Expanded technologies are central to continuous Taurus improvement.
Across model series, Taurus offers a compelling package of standard and available technologies to increase customer convenience by making their lives easier. These technologies include:
- Keyless entry, with an integrated key head transmitter and a SecuriCode keyless entry transmitter
- Easy Fuel (capless fuel filler)
- MyKey owner control feature. Limits top speed and audio volume, and prevents disengagement of vehicle stability controls and blocked audio content access
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Auto-dimming drivers sideview mirror
- First-row dome/map lighting and second-row reading lights
- Remote start
- SYNC voice-controlled communications and entertainment system
- Ambient lighting
- One-touch power window controls
- Intelligent Access with push-button start
- Reverse sensing system
- Rear view camera
- Active park assist
- Adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support
Taurus technologies and features make the driver and passengers more comfortable and help to reduce fatigue. Available Taurus comfort technologies include:
- New heated steering wheel
- Heated and cooled leather-trimmed first-row seats
- Class-exclusive multicontour seats with Active Motion with massage action to help reduce driver and passenger fatigue
- 10-way power first-row seat controls, with memory
- Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control
- Adjustable pedals with memory
- Folding center armrest in second-row seat
- 60/40 fold-flat rear seat
- Power tilt/telescoping steering column
- Particulate air filter
- Power rear sunshade
- Branded floor mats
Taurus also offers a variety of connectivity options to access audio entertainment media, stay connected with family, friends and business contacts, and obtain directions and access information. These available connectivity features include:
- Standard MyFord Touch driver connect technology with 4.2-inch center stack screen with two supplemental screens within the instrument cluster
- Available MyFord Touch with 8-inch screen in center stack
- SYNC voice-activated entertainment and communications system, with traffic, turn-by-turn directions and information
- Universal garage door opener
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio
- Sony Audio System
The new Ford Taurus will be built at Fords Chicago Assembly Plant.
# # #
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 164,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the companys automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Fords products, please visit www.ford.com.