– Mazda Responds to High Global Demand for SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY by
Doubling Annual Engine Production Capacity –
IRVINE, Calif. (July 3, 2012) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported June U.S. sales of 19,911 vehicles, representing an increase of 3.1 percent versus last year. Year-to-date sales through June are up 17.5 percent (16.0 percent DSR) versus last year, with 143,797 vehicles sold.
Key June sales notes:
- In response to global demand far outstripping expectations for Mazda’s SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY, Mazda Motor Corporation has announced it will double production capacity of the state-of-the-art powertrain at its engine plant in Hiroshima, Japan.
- In the U.S., Mazda’s total SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY vehicle sales for June (comprised of CX-5 and certain models of Mazda3) account for 55 percent of the company’s total sales for the month.
- Mazda3 had its best June since 2008 with 8,835 vehicles sold. In particular, the SKYACTIV-equipped model represented 73.6 percent of Mazda3 vehicles sold for the month.
- The all-new 2013 Mazda CX-5 is proving to be a popular choice as the award-winning compact crossover SUV remains one of the fastest-turning vehicles in the industry, with many dealers reporting more customers than inventory. In its fourth full month of sales, 4,551 CX-5s were sold in June, representing a 15.0 percent increase from last month.
- As summer heats up, the Mazda MX-5 had its best June since 2008 with 659 vehicles sold.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported June sales of 2,084 vehicles, up 5.0 percent versus June of last year.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, Calif., and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through more than 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.
# # #
For more information on Mazda vehicles, visit the online Mazda media center at www.mazdausamedia.com. Product B-roll may be ordered online by visiting The News Market at www.thenewsmarket.com/mazda.
Attachment(click to download) June 2012 Sales Release_FINAL.pdf39.63 KB