– Best July for Mazda CX-7 Crossover SUV in Four Years –
IRVINE, Calif. (August 2, 2011) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported July sales of 20,783 vehicles, up slightly at 0.2 percent versus July of 2010. Sales through the first half of the year are up 4.9 percent versus last year with 143,162 vehicles sold.
Key July sales notes:
– The Mazda CX-7 crossover celebrated its best July since 2007 with 3,152 sales, up 18.9 percent versus last July. Year-to-date sales for the CX-7 are up 20.6 percent.
– Year-to-date sales are also up 12.9 percent for the Mazda CX-9 crossover.
– The best-selling Mazda3 reported its best monthly sales since April of this year with 9,288 vehicles sold, down 4.3 percent versus last July.
– The Mazda5 multi-activity vehicle’s year-to-date sales are up 22.2 percent, with monthly sales down 9.8 percent.
Rounding out the North American market, Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported its July sales of 2,255 vehicles, accounting for an 3.0 percent increase versus last July. MMdM’s year-to-date sales are up 16.0 percent with 15,354 vehicles sold. Mazda Canada, Inc. (MCI) will be reporting sales tomorrow as Monday was a civic holiday.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States, Canada and Mexico through nearly 900 dealers. Operations in Canada are managed by Mazda Canada, Inc., located in Ontario; and in Mexico by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.
# # #
Attachment(click to download)