– Best-ever Sales Month for CX-7 and CX-9 Crossover SUVs –
IRVINE, Calif. (October 3, 2011) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported September, 2011 sales of 25,521 vehicles, up 37.4 percent versus September, 2010 (up 32.1 percent on a Daily Selling Rate basis). Through the end of September, 2011 year-to-date sales are up 9.5 percent versus last year with 191,315 vehicles sold.
Key September sales notes:
– Mazda’s stylish CX-7 (up 90.8 percent with 4,909 sales) and CX-9 (up 73.6 percent with 4,201 sales) crossover SUVs reported best-ever monthly sales. On the year,
CX-7 sales are up 34.2 percent while CX-9 is up 18.3 percent.
– Mazda6 recorded a 52.4 percent increase in sales with 4,163 vehicles sold. The midsize sport sedan reported its best monthly sales since March 2009, and best September sales since 2005.
– Mazda2 sales are up 62.3 percent, with 956 vehicles sold in September.
– The Mazda5 multi-activity vehicle posted a 54.4 percent increase with monthly sales of 1,712 vehicles. On the year, Mazda5 sales are up 24.4 percent.
– Mazda’s popular Mazda3 sold 8,929 vehicles, accounting for a 11.7 percent increase and its best sales month since September 2007.
Rounding out the North American market, Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported its best-ever September sales of 2,662 vehicles, accounting for a 35.0 percent increase versus last year. MMdM’s year-to-date sales are up 19.0 percent with 20,722 vehicles sold. In a challenging market, Mazda Canada, Inc. (MCI) sold 5,839 vehicles, down 15.0 percent versus last year. MCI’s year-to-date sales of 53,772 vehicles are down 14.0 percent versus last year.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States, Canada and Mexico through nearly 900 dealers. Operations in Canada are managed by Mazda Canada, Inc., located in Ontario; and in Mexico by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.
# # #
Attachment(click to download)