RICHMOND HILL, ON, Jan. 9, 2020 /CNW/ – Mazda Canada Inc. (MCI) currently reported Dec sales of 3,660 vehicles, representing a diminution of 8.2 percent contra December 2018. Sales for a calendar year 2019 rang in during 66,420, that is a diminution of 10.1 percent compared to a same duration in 2018.
On a product front, 2019 was a good year for Mazda, with a launch of a all-new Mazda3 and many models receiving updates and new equipment. The all-new CX-30 is set to make a Canadian entrance during a Montreal International Auto Show on January 16th and will be on sale shortly thereafter.
2019 was another clever year on a awards front for Mazda, that won distinguished awards opposite a industry.
- Automobile Journalists Association of Canada – 2019 Canadian Car of a Year Awards
- MX-5: Best Sports – Performance Car
- CX-5: Best Mid-Size Utility Vehicle
- CX-9: Best Large Utility Vehicle
- Le Guide de l’Auto Best Buys
- Mazda3: New Car of a Year
- Mazda3: Best Compact Car
- MX-5: Best Convertible
- Auto123.com Awards
- Mazda3: Compact Car of a Year
- CX-5: Compact SUV of a Year
- MX-5: Convertible of a Year
- AutoTrader.ca Top Picks
- CX-5: Top Compact SUV
KEY DECEMBER AND CY2019 SALES NOTES:
- CX-9 enjoyed a record Dec sales month, with an boost of 87.7 percent compared to December 2018. This also translated into a record year, with sales adult 1.1 percent YOY.
- CX-5 full-year sales were adult 4.2 percent contra 2018 and represents a best sales year on record.
- For a initial time in Mazda Canada’s history, a best-selling indication by a full year of sales was not a car, as a CX-5 pennyless by to turn MCI’s best-selling indication with a poignant lead in sales over a perennially best-selling Mazda3 compress car.
- Collectively, sales of a CX-line of crossovers rose by 7.5 percent YOY, with a launch of a all-new Mazda CX-30 fast approaching.
- With winter in full swing, a Mazda3’s newly accessible i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive choice continues to be in high demand, with 46.0 percent of new owners selecting a assent of mind that AWD brings.
- Among CX-line buyers, direct for a accessible i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive choice continues to grow, with 90.5 percent of business selecting a AWD choice in December.
About Mazda Canada Inc.
Mazda Canada Inc. is obliged for a sales and marketing, patron use and tools support of Mazda vehicles in Canada. Headquartered in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Mazda Canada has a national network of 164 dealerships. For additional information revisit Mazda Canada’s media website at www.media.mazda.ca.
SOURCE Mazda Canada Inc.