RICHMOND HILL, ON, Jan. 4, 2017 /CNW/ – Mazda Canada Inc. (MCI) currently reported Dec sales of 4,722 vehicles, a diminution of 2.7 percent contra December 2015. The association also reported calendar year (CY) 2016 sum sales in Canada of 69,210, down 3.5 percent from 2015.
Key December 2016 and CY2016 sales notes:
- MCI’s best-selling indication continues to be a Mazda3, with 1,822 vehicles sole in December. Full-year sales for a Mazda3 were 27,689, down 20.5 percent contra 2015.
- CX-5 had a best Dec and full year sales ever with 1,783 vehicles sole in December, and 25,123 for a year. Year-over-year (YOY), CX-5 sales were adult 4.0 percent (1,714 vehicles sole in December 2015). The CX-5 led several months’ sales for a initial time in 2015, display a strength of a compress crossover, though finished a year as a second best-selling Mazda in a Canada.
- The subcompact CX-3 sole 612 vehicles in December. In a initial full year on sale, a CX-3 sole 9,354 vehicles that put it solidly in third place in a Mazda lineup.
- The new second-generation CX-9 launched in 2016 with high regard from automotive media, and fast grew sales of a nameplate to record levels, jumping 183.1 percent in December, and finished a year with a 114.6 percent boost contra 2015 and a best full year of sales given a CX-9’s entrance in 2008.
- Mazda’s line of CX crossover vehicles continue a clever expansion trend, with sales augmenting by 21.9 percent in 2016, and any of a models gifted a record sales year.
- Demand for a new MX-5 continued by a initial full year on sale, promulgation full-year sales for a MX-5 adult 43.3 percent, representing a best year for MX-5 sales given 2008.
- SKYACTIV Technology proves to be a pivotal between opening and fuel potency as business direct a no concede solution. 97.1 percent of Mazda vehicles sole in Dec (97.6 percent full-year) were versed with SKYACTIV Technology.
About Mazda Canada Inc.
Mazda Canada Inc. is obliged for a sales and marketing, patron use and tools support of Mazda vehicles in Canada. Headquartered in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Mazda Canada has a national network of 165 dealerships. For additional information revisit Mazda Canada’s media website during www.media.mazda.ca.
SOURCE Mazda Canada Inc.