Drew with VW
In case you’ve been hiding under a rock, Volkswagen is sending a reminder that you have one week to win the Golf R Ultimate Fan Experience: a seven-day, six-night trip to Germany that includes a tour of the Volkswagen global headquarters in Wolfsburg and a stop in Nürburg to drive the all-new 2012 Golf R on the Nürburgring.
To enter, download the Drivers Forever iPad application and then describe why you want to win in 256 characters or less. In a crazy coincidence, 256 is also the number of horsepower found in the Golf R. Submissions will be accepted until May 14, 2012.
Since the start of the sweepstakes, we’ve been overwhelmed with responses from many deserving fans. It’s unfortunate that everyone can’t go, but I wanted to call out a few of my early favorites to get your V-dub storytelling juices flowing:
- This would be the experience of a lifetime for my husband and me. We are HUGE VW enthusiasts and have owned over 75 of them in 13 years! We are so excited for the release of the Golf R! This would be our absolute dream to go to Germany and drive the R! – Cherie B.; Beaverton, OR
- I should win because I have owned VW hatchbacks since my first car, 1976 Rabbit. My first new car was a 1997 GTI, and I just traded in my 2009 GTI for a new Golf R. I need to go on this trip to see my true homeland. – Scott W.; Reston, VA
- I’ve been a VW fan since the day my parents bought a 1975 blue Beetle. Since then, our family has owned 2 Beetles, a Thing, a Van, a Rabbit, a Cabrio, a Jetta, a Golf Sport and 2 GTIs. It’s safe to say I’m one of the biggest VW fans and lovers around. – Todd H.; Williamstown, NJ
- I’m a VW enthusiast, a 64-year-old enthusiast, who has had an assortment of VWs in my garage for over 35 years. I love my 2004 Touareg, but my real joy is my 2008 R32. The R32 is a special car; each time I turn the ignition key, I have a constant smile. – William J.; Philadelphia, PA
- I am an owner of a 2007 GLI. Since our daughter was born 14 months ago, I became such a slow driver that my GLI is looking to replace me with a new owner that has more “fast.” Please help me regain my car’s respect by sending to relearn how to drive VWs! – Eli R.; Frisco, TX
If you had a Golf R, where would you take it first?
See the official rules here.