- For a many perfectionist pickup lorry customers, a 2018 Ford F-Series Super Duty works harder interjection to a newly upgraded 6.7-litre Power Stroke® V8 diesel engine charity best-in-class 450 horsepower and 935 lb.-ft. of torque
- Super Duty continues as a heavy-duty champ, owning pivotal capability claims in a segment: horsepower, torque, gooseneck towing, required towing and payload
- F-450 4×2 Crew Cab pickup joins Super Duty lineup for 2018, delivering best-in-class 34,000-pound towing ability with scrupulously versed gooseneck connections
DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 5, 2017 – Ford, Canada’s lorry personality for 51 true years, delivers for business once again for 2018, formulating Canada’s many absolute and able heavy-duty pickup trucks ever – interjection to best-in-class horsepower and torque from a newly upgraded 6.7-litre Power Stroke® diesel engine.
“Super Duty business design a best, and for 2018 we’re giving a business even some-more energy and torque from a 6.7-litre Power Stroke diesel – delivering a many horsepower and torque accessible among all heavy-duty pickups,” pronounced Todd Eckert, Ford lorry organisation selling manager. “Plus, a new F-450 pickup now includes a 4X2 model, enabling a business to get some-more finished with a segment’s best cargo and towing.”
The 2018 Super Duty continues to broach Built Ford Tough durability, capability, and functionality while now owning 5 pivotal best-in-class heavy-duty lorry shred claims:
- Best-in-class 450 horsepower (a 10 horsepower alleviation over 2017)
- Best-in-class 935 lb.-ft. of torque (a 10 lb.-ft. alleviation over 2017)
- Best-in-class 34,000 pounds of gooseneck towing, when scrupulously versed (a 1,500-pound alleviation for a new F-450 4×2 model)
- Best-in-class 21,000-pound required join towing
- Best-in-class 7,360-pound cargo capacity
Upgrades to a 2018 Ford 6.7-litre Power Stroke engine embody redesigned cylinder heads for combined strength underneath aloft loads, and optimized fuel and turbo boost calibrations to take advantage of a increasing cylinder conduct ability for increasing horsepower and torque.
Ford is a usually heavy-duty lorry manufacturer that designs and builds a possess diesel engine and delivery multiple – ensuring a powertrain works seamlessly with all framework components and car calibrations. This proceed enables Ford engineers to optimize car opening opposite a whole lineup and to serve labour a powertrain to a specific needs of a customer.
34,000 Pounds of Towing Force
For those who rest on their pickups to transport large trailers to get a pursuit done, a new F-450 Super Duty 4×2 dual-rear-wheel lorry is now accessible for both sell and swift business – charity larger strength, potency and durability.
Leveraging a advantages of a high-strength steel box frame, integrated gooseneck join mounts, and combined bucket ability interjection to Ford’s exclusive high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy body, a 2018 F-450 4×2 tows even some-more with a lighter, some-more fit driveline. The outcome is a many capable, strong and fit Super Duty draw appurtenance ever, delivering a best-in-class 34,000 pounds of gooseneck towing capacity.