09/20/2018, Montgomery, AL
- A Total of Ten New Hyundai Models Have a TOP SAFETY PICK+ (TSP+) or TOP SAFETY PICK (TSP) Rating when versed with discretionary front pile-up insurance and specific headlights, a Most in a Industry
- Six New Hyundai Models have a TSP+ Rating when versed with discretionary front pile-up insurance and specific headlights
MONTGOMERY, Ala., Sept. 20, 2018 – With a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe being named a TOP SAFETY PICK+ and a 2019 Accent being named a TOP SAFETY PICK by a Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) today, Hyundai now has a many total TSP+ and TSP-rated vehicles in a automotive industry. The Santa Fe prize will be presented to Hyundai during a jubilee during a Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama public plant tomorrow, where a Santa Fe is made.
Hyundai TOP SAFETY PICK+ models
1. 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe with specific headlights
2. 2018 Hyundai Sonata with discretionary front pile-up impediment and specific headlights; relates usually to vehicles built after Sep 2017
3. 2018 Hyundai Kona with discretionary front pile-up impediment and specific headlights; relates usually to vehicles built after May 2018
4. 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe (LWB) with discretionary front pile-up impediment and specific headlights
5. 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport with discretionary front pile-up impediment and specific headlights; relates usually to vehicles built after Jun 2017
6. 2018 Hyundai Elantra with discretionary front pile-up impediment and specific headlights; relates usually to vehicles built after Dec 2017
Hyundai TOP SAFETY PICK models
7. 2019 Hyundai Accent with discretionary front pile-up impediment and specific headlights
8. 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT with discretionary front pile-up impediment and specific headlights
9. 2018 Hyundai IONIQ Hybrid with discretionary front pile-up impediment and specific headlights
10. 2018 Hyundai Tucson with discretionary front pile-up impediment and specific headlights
To validate for 2018 Top Safety Pick+, a 2019 Santa Fe warranted good ratings in a driver-side tiny overlie front, assuage overlie front, side, roof strength and conduct patience tests, as good as a good rating in a passenger-side tiny overlie front test. It also warranted higher rating for front pile-up impediment and a good headlight rating.
To validate for 2018 Top Safety Pick, a 2019 Accent warranted good ratings in a driver-side tiny overlie front, assuage overlie front, side, roof strength and conduct patience tests, as good as an excusable rating in a passenger-side tiny overlie front test. It also warranted a higher rating for front pile-up impediment and an excusable headlight rating.
“Hyundai Smart Sense technologies assistance keep Santa Fe owners alert, assured and in control while driving,” pronounced Scott Margason, director, Product Planning, Hyundai Motor America. “Safety is peerless when conceptualizing new Hyundai vehicles, that is because it was critical to make so many good reserve comforts customary on a 2019 Santa Fe.”
Santa Fe’s and Accent’s awards adds to a list of 10 new Hyundai models that are rated TOP SAFETY PICK+ or TOP SAFETY PICK when versed with front pile-up impediment and specific headlights, a many in a industry. The 2018 Kona (built after May 2018), Elantra (built after Dec. 2017), Sonata (built after Sept. 2017), 2018 Santa Fe and a 2018 Santa Fe Sport (built after Jun 2017) all warranted a organization’s top rating, while a Elantra GT, Ioniq Hybrid and Tucson perceived a TOP SAFETY PICK rating when versed with discretionary front pile-up insurance and specific headlights.
Smart Sense Technologies accessible on a 2019 Santa Fe
Hyundai Smart Sense technologies are now accessible on Santa Fe. Below are pivotal customary and discretionary features:
2019 Santa Fe Safety Features
Hyundai’s customary Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA) puts eyes in a behind of drivers’ heads. When subsidy up, a Blind Spot Detection complement might advise a motorist if vehicles proceed from a back side and might also request a brakes automatically.
Additional reserve comforts embody a discretionary Rear Occupant Alert, that Hyundai is debuting with a 2019 Santa Fe. The complement monitors a back seats regulating an ultrasonic sensor that helps to detect a movements of children and pets. The complement initial reminds drivers to check a back seats when exiting a automobile with a summary on a core instrument cluster display. If a complement detects transformation in a back seats after a motorist leaves a automobile and thatch a doors it will honk a horn and send a Blue Link warning to a driver’s smartphone around Hyundai’s Blue Link connected automobile system. The complement is designed to assistance forestall children and pets from being lost in a car, though it also helps in box children incidentally close themselves in a vehicle.
The 2019 Santa Fe also comforts Hyundai’s initial customary Safe Exit Assist system. To raise a reserve of Hyundai’s passengers, Safe Exit Assist uses radar to assistance detect cars coming from a back and cautions passengers looking to exit a vehicle. If a newcomer attempts to open a doorway when a automobile is coming from behind, a visible and acoustic warning on a core cluster might warning a driver. In addition, if a motorist attempts to deactivate a Electronic Child Safety Lock feature, Safe Exit Assist will overrule a motorist and safeguard a back doors sojourn sealed until a coming automobile has passed. Once a highway is clear, a motorist can afterwards deactivate a Electronic Child Safety Lock and successfully clear a back newcomer doors.
Comprehensive Safety and a 2019 Accent
Accent offers a far-reaching array of modernized reserve technologies to yield another covering of insurance for passengers. For example, Accent offers accessible Forward Collision-avoidance Assist that utilizes a front brazen confronting radar to assistance detect a automobile and advise a motorist of a intensity collision. If a motorist does not conflict to equivocate a impact, a complement might request puncture braking.
A six-airbag complement is standard, along with Electronic Stability Control, Vehicle Stability Management, Traction Control and ABS.
Hyundai Motor America
Hyundai Motor America is focused on delivering an superb patron knowledge grounded in pattern leadership, engineering value and well-developed value in each automobile we sell. Hyundai’s technology-rich product lineup of cars, SUVs and alternative-powered electric and fuel dungeon vehicles is corroborated by Hyundai Assurance—our guarantee to broach assent of mind to a customers. Hyundai vehicles are sole and serviced by some-more than 830 dealerships national and a infancy sole in a U.S. are built during U.S. production facilities, including Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. Hyundai Motor America is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, and is a auxiliary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea.
Please revisit a media website during www.HyundaiNews.com