- Honda multiplication sets new Jan benchmark on sales of 90,247 vehicles
- All-new 2016 Honda Civic, a 2016 North American Car of a Year, defies winter continue and foe to net outrageous sales benefit of 54.9 percent and a new Jan record
- Acura ILX bucks marketplace trends and surprising month to benefit 24.3 percent
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. currently reported Jan sales of 100,497 Honda and Acura vehicles, a diminution of 1.7 percent in an surprising month as a attention endured winter continue on both coasts along with dual fewer offered days and one reduction weekend than Jan 2015. Honda Division set a new Jan record with 90,247 units sold; Honda automobile sales reached 50,812 while lorry sales totaled 39,435 for a month. Acura sales totaled 10,250 with sedan sales of 3,570 and trucks reaching 6,680 units in January.
Despite a rains of El Nino on a West Coast and ice and a crippling sleet charge on a Eastern seaboard, along with dual fewer offered days and one reduction weekend due to quirks in a calendar, Honda sales crested a prior Jan record set only final year, led by a all-new 2016 Civic Sedan and strongly upheld by Accord and HR-V.
- The Civic demonstrated because it is a newly crowned North American Car of a Year with sales of 26,741, leaping 54.9 percent to set a new Jan record.
- Accord hold a possess notwithstanding a winter hurdles with sales of 20,765 units.
- HR-V posted sales of 4,177 to also challenge a surprising month.
“Led by impossibly clever direct for a all-new Civic, a Honda code persevered rain, sleet and dual fewer offered days to post a clever initial month of a year,” pronounced Jeff Conrad, comparison clamp boss and ubiquitous manager of a Honda Division. “With Honda’s clever intonation of new models via 2016 we will continue a movement and sojourn certain about 2016.”
With a thick sweeping of winter sleet covering one of a Acura brand’s strongest markets in a Northeastern U.S., Acura sales dimmed somewhat in January, though a opening of gateway indication ILX defied a challenges.
- Acura’s gateway oppulance sedan, ILX gained a estimable 24.3 percent on sales of 1,233 in January
“The floating sleet vaporous a fact that Acura’s movement continued in January, with both sedan and lorry sales radically on track,” pronounced Jon Ikeda, clamp boss and ubiquitous manager of a Acura division. “2016 will be an sparkling year for Acura with a 2017 NSX on a approach to assistance applaud a 30th anniversary of a Acura brand.”