NOTE: Information in this request is preliminary, theme to change though notice, and dictated for media use–not for consumers. For final information, revisit automobiles.honda.com.
Through 5 generations, a Honda Odyssey has ceaselessly grown to accommodate a changing needs of American families, consistently environment a customary for spaciousness, comfort, reserve and energetic opening in a minivan.
Odyssey has been a many renouned minivan with particular American automobile buyers for 7 true years (2010-2016), and U.S. sales of Odyssey now sum some-more than 2.5 million units, creation it a fourth best-selling indication in a company’s U.S. sales history.
The prior and new (4th and 5th generation) Odyssey models were researched, designed and grown by Honda RD Americas. Odyssey has been constructed exclusively in North America given 1998 (2nd generation). When a 2nd-generation Odyssey went into prolongation during Honda Canada Mfg. in 1998, it was a largest car Honda had ever produced. In 2001, Odyssey prolongation eliminated from Alliston, Ontario to Honda Manufacturing of Alabama in Lincoln, Alabama.
While a strange (1st-generation) Odyssey was built on a mutated chronicle of a Accord platform, successive generations have been formed on Honda’s Global Light Truck platform, that also underpins a Pilot SUV.
2018 Honda Odyssey
The 2018 Honda Odyssey is a 5th era of Honda’s perennially renouned minivan. In each component of a design, a new Odyssey was combined to accommodate a needs of families in their bland lives, providing rare comfort, confidence-inspiring performance, and modernized family-friendly technology.
The 2018 Odyssey brings with it a horde of accessible new facilities and technology, including:
- A singly versatile new accessible Magic Slide™ second-row chair for ultimate coherence in assembly a day-to-day people hauling needs of Odyssey customers
- New accessible CabinWatch™ and CabinTalk™ technologies to assistance keep tabs on a kids
- Available CabinControl™ app enabling smartphone control of pivotal features
- All-new, faster and some-more discerning Display Audio authority center
- Available in-car 4G LTE Wi-Fi and streaming video
- Honda Sensing® modernized reserve and driver-assistive technologies
- New powertrains, including an accessible all-new, Honda-designed 10-speed involuntary transmission
- Advanced, space-saving back cessation design
Sophisticated and Family-Friendly Design
The Odyssey’s worldly and complicated new styling adopts Honda’s signature drifting wing front grille flanked by accessible LED front headlights. The confidant and sporty front fascia also conceals a new Active Shutter Grille for softened fuel potency when cruising.
The Odyssey’s signature lightning shaft beltline now provides an even some-more superb pattern component with newly dark shifting back doorway marks and a new “floating” D-pillar design.
At a back are newly designed LED taillights and an accessible new hands-free entrance energy tailgate with feet activation.
Inside, a new Odyssey facilities high-grade materials including a soft-touch instrument panel. The driver’s scale facilities a new 7-inch, full-color TFT display, and in a core of a lurch there is an accessible 8-inch high-resolution Display Audio touchscreen (EX and above). In tip grades, stain-resistant leather first- and second-row seating surfaces and doorway trim, and black carpeting and seatbelts are designed to disguise stains, while a new groove-less tambour lid on a atmospheric and versatile core console resists a accumulation of crumbs and debris.
In-vehicle connectivity is taken to a new turn with a horde of accessible new connected-vehicle facilities and technologies, including:
- New Display Audio – featuring a new Honda-developed, Android-based doing system, some-more discerning menus and customizable app tiles and a some-more absolute voice approval engine, this 8-inch high-resolution (720P) touchscreen interface serves as a haughtiness core for a crowd of new audio and telematics options, while delivering a faster, some-more discerning user experience.
- System updates – for a initial time, users can refurbish a Display Audio doing complement and back party complement during their preference around accessible 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, or USB.
- CabinWatch™– regulating a ceiling-mounted camera with infrared capability, CabinWatch lets a motorist and front newcomer guard second- and third-row passengers both day and night around a 8-inch Display Audio screen.
- CabinTalk™– this in-car open residence complement enables a motorist to speak to second – and third-row passengers essentially yet a accessible back party complement headphones, or (for Elite trim) second-and third-row speakers.
- Connected Rear Entertainment System – second- and third-row passengers can suffer streaming video on a ceiling-mounted, 10.2-inch WSVGA Rear Entertainment System regulating a accessible in-vehicle 4G LTE Wi-Fi, open Wi-Fi or user’s cellphone information plan. The complement now plays Blu-ray™ discs and facilities a new “How Much Farther?” app that lets passengers lane a family’s outing progress.
- CabinControl™ – regulating a downloadable app, users can use a intelligent phone to control a back party system, back cabin feverishness and atmosphere conditioning, and send destinations to a embedded Honda navigation system.
- Social Playlist – partial of CabinControl, Social Playlist operates like a practical jukebox, permitting adult to 7 passengers to upload their song choices to a audio complement around their smartphones.
Old-fashioned family connectivity is done easier than ever with a quietest cabin in a class. With their “conversational cabin” concept, Odyssey engineers targeted a quietest cabin in a rival set, enabling low-stress transport and easy review among all occupants.
Cabin serenity is extended by a Odyssey’s some-more firm and firmly hermetic body, new front and back subframes, triple-sealed doors, upgraded extraneous glass, increasing use of sound deadening materials (under a floor, in a engine cell and underneath a fenders), and a customary Active Noise Control (ANC).
Magic Slide™ seats
A vital creation to family-friendly cabin seating coherence is a Odyssey’s accessible new Magic Slide™ second-row seats, simply reconfigurable for optimal newcomer comfort, people- and cargo-hauling flexibility, and easy entrance to a third quarrel even when one or dual rear-facing child seats are placed in a second row. Use modes include:
- Easy Access mode – with a core chair removed, a outboard seats slip aside by 5 selectable positions, permitting for easy entrance to a third quarrel even with one or dual rear-facing child seats commissioned in a second row. And with a center-most chair slid forward, a child is put within easy strech of a front chair occupants.
- Super mode – like Easy Access mode though with one of a outboard seats set to walk-in position (slid full brazen with a seatback tilted) for limit entrance to a third row.
- Wide mode – with a core chair private and dual outboard seats in their outdoor many positions, providing a far-reaching core walkthrough to a third quarrel (and no some-more “Dad, he’s touching me again!”).
- Buddy mode – with a core chair private and dual outboard seats adjoining one another in a core of a vehicle, putting dual people in tighten vicinity and within easier strech of a front chair occupants.
Safety Features and Performance for a Family
2018 Odyssey EX and above trims, approaching to contain about 95 percent of all Odyssey sales, now underline a Honda Sensing® apartment of modernized reserve and driver-assistive technologies as customary equipment, including Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS™), Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). Combined with a Odyssey’s next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) physique structure and modernized airbags, including new motorist and front newcomer knee airbags, a Odyssey targets a tip accessible reserve ratings – an NCAP 5-star Overall Vehicle Score and an IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK rating.
Additional Features and Technologies
Additional customary and accessible facilities include: LED headlights (new); exhilarated front seats; ventilated front seats (new); exhilarated side mirrors; exhilarated steering circle (new); automobile high-beam headlights (new); rain-sensing wipers (new); blind mark information (all models with Honda Sensing); front parking sensors; back parking sensors; Rear Cross Traffic Monitor (new); Electric Parking Brake with Brake Hold (new); three-zone involuntary meridian control; wireless device charging (new); multi-zone audio (new); Sirius 2.0, HD Radio™ (new); and HondaVac® in-vehicle vacuum.
Advanced New Powertrains
The 2018 Honda Odyssey is powered by a 3.5-liter, direct-injected SOHC i-VTEC™ V6 engine with Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM™). Peak engine outlay is 280 SAE net horsepower (+32 HP) and advantages from a modernized capabilities of a dual accessible new transmissions – a 9-speed involuntary and, for tip grades, an all-new Honda-developed 10-speed automatic, a initial of a kind for a front-wheel-drive vehicle, delivering unmatched levels of responsiveness and polished opening in a minivan.
These modernized new powertrains, together with a some-more firm and lightweight body, new framework technology, and Odyssey’s neat and aerodynamic new pattern outcome in unrivalled energetic opening and top-of-class EPA fuel economy ratings. Honda’s Intelligent Traction Management complement adds a Snow mode and combines with Agile Handling Assist and a some-more absolute braking complement for softened all-weather doing and control.
Advanced New Body and Chassis
An all-new physique and framework pattern underpins a new Odyssey’s impossibly still cabin and class-leading steering precision, doing bravery and float comfort. The Odyssey physique utilizes modernized materials, including ultra-high-strength steel, aluminum and magnesium, to concurrently minimize weight and urge physique rigidity. Vehicle weight is down by adult to 75 pounds, depending on trim, and torsional physique acerbity is adult 44 percent from a effusive model.
New framework facilities embody a rarely manageable new dual-pinion electric energy steering (EPS) for increasing response and easy maneuverability and an all-new compress trailing arm back suspension, disdainful to Odyssey, that enables softened doing and float comfort while providing for a many atmospheric back load area in a category and a fitment of 19-inch wheels on tip trims.
Design, Development and Manufacturing
The all-new 2018 Honda Odyssey was researched, designed and grown by Honda RD Americas. The Odyssey and a V6 engine are made exclusively by Honda Manufacturing Alabama in Lincoln, Alabama, regulating domestic and globally sourced parts. The new Honda-developed 10-speed delivery is constructed exclusively by Honda Precision Parts Georgia in Tallapoosa, Georgia.