- Ford will bring more than 70 one-of-a-kind vehicles to the annual SEMA show, which opens in Las Vegas on Tuesday, Oct. 30
- “Ford out Front” will be back for the third year, with four days of high-octane driving action on a 111,000-square-foot ride-and-drive demonstration course
- Unique on-stand Dream Garage showcases the creative possibilities offered by Ford through a new website – www.MyFordGarage.com – designed to help enthusiasts make dream garages for their Ford vehicles a reality
Click to download images.
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 26, 2012 – Ford Motor Company will have in excess of 70 vehicles, hundreds of accessories and performance parts, and many of its brightest stars on hand in Las Vegas next week for the 2012 SEMA show.
- Ford Dream Garage: Perhaps one of the most interesting displays at the Ford booth, this is literally a two-car dream garage of nearly 750 square feet, built right into the stand. Dream Garage has been developed to showcase the brand’s commitment to helping enthusiasts imagine, create and install custom garages in their homes.
Embracing the trend of customizing garages, Ford recently launched a new website – www.MyFordGarage.com – to make the ultimate dream garage an installed, ready-to-use reality. Through the new website, enthusiasts can browse customized garage goods branded with iconic Ford names including Ford Racing, Vintage Ford, Built Ford Tough, Mustang, Mustang Boss 302 or F-150 SVT Raptor. Hundreds of related branded garage items are also available, including bar stools, tables, flooring, neon signs and wall graphics.
Thanks to a partnership with Iconic Brand Collection, full design and installation services for MyFordGarage.com customers are available in most major North America markets. Authorized installers are even available for free in-house consultation, making the creation of the ultimate man cave easier than ever.
Created especially for the 2012 SEMA show, the Ford Dream Garage features Iconic Brand Collection Cabinets, Swisstrax flooring and Fathead graphics. Four unique themes are featured: Built Ford Tough, Vintage Ford, Mustang, and a section designed to celebrate Tanner Foust’s Focus ST. For added fun, there’s a Microsoft Forza Horizon gaming station.
- Focus and Fiesta Fun: A race-ready Focus ST-R, a Fiesta rally car and special-edition Focus ST models will be on show in a special section geared to Ford small cars. Ford Racing Performance Parts will also be on display. The new Focus ST, the fastest Focus ever offered in North America, went on sale earlier this year and is already proving to be very popular with aftermarket tuners.
- EcoBoost Gallery: A unique area showcasing Ford’s high-tech EcoBoost® engines, hosted by Ford engineers. The turbocharged, direct-injection technology developed by Ford delivers power and efficiency and is now available on nearly every Ford product in North America. The highlight: a one-of-a-kind Formula Ford single-seat racer that recently marked one of the all-time fastest laps on the German Nürburgring circuit’s famed Nordschleife.
- Hot Rod Heaven: A section of the Ford booth will be dedicated to some of the wildest and most famous Ford hot rods including a 1931 Roadster pickup, a classic 1940 Ford Coupe and three fabulous Fords from world-famous So-Cal Speed Shop.
- Special Carroll Shelby Tribute: In the North Hall, Ford and SEMA will host a special tribute to Carroll Shelby, a long-time Ford friend and partner, and perhaps one of the most famous names in performance. Shelby’s legacy will forever be linked to Ford Motor Company. The 10-car tribute display will include a Shelby GT500 Super Snake, a classic Shelby GT350 and the 1000-horsepower Shelby 1000.
- Autograph Sessions: Throughout SEMA week, Ford will host opportunities to meet some of the industry’s brightest stars. Ford’s Octane Academy Drivers, the John Force NHRA team, Parnelli Jones, the team from So-Cal Speed Shop, Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top and others will visit the Ford stand to sign autographs and meet with fans and friends alike.