- The all-new Ford Focus offers a suite of desirable features, making the ownership experience more comfortable, convenient and enjoyable
- Available Focus technologies include a premium Sony 10-speaker audio system with subwoofer, SYNC with MyFord Touch connectivity and ambient lighting
- Focus offers a range of convenience features including a rear view camera, Intelligent Access with push-button start and the Easy Fuel capless fuel filler system
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 24, 2011 Drivers of the all-new Ford Focus will benefit from a more comfortable and enjoyable ownership experience, thanks to the latest technologies designed to enhance comfort and convenience.
From luxuries like the new premium Sony audio system, through features like LED ambient lighting, to the reassurance of the Easy Fuel capless fuel filler system, Ford Focus customers have an array of desirable features to choose from.
Premium sound system for audiophiles
High-series Focus models are offered with an impressive new premium audio system, aimed at discerning audiophiles. Available in combination with the MyFord Touch driver connect package, powered by SYNC, with an 8-inch touch screen and satellite navigation, this all-new system was developed in conjunction with Sony.
Careful component matching and tuning for the vehicle has ensured that the premium sound system delivers outstanding sound quality. System performance is enhanced by the center speaker, which provides highly authentic staging, while the subwoofer ensures that bass sounds have a full, rich quality.
The stylish piano black control panel adds a distinctive design element that reflects premium quality sound.
Innovative LED interior lighting
High-series Focus models feature an advanced ambient lighting system that uses LED technology to provide a contemporary, premium feel to the interior when traveling at night.
The ambient lighting uses LED technology to provide precise pools of illumination in the footwells, cupholders, door handle releases and map pockets. The driver can choose between seven different accent colors to suit his or her mood.
A roof-mounted cabin lighting hub enables the driver to control the ambient lighting, change the color and set the brightness level. A search mode can also be activated, switching the lighting to a bright white color, helping occupants to find misplaced objects within the car.
Extensive range of convenience features
The extensive range of convenience features available on the new Ford Focus include:
- Rear view camera The liftgate-mounted camera provides a clear, wide-angled view to reveal any obstacles behind the car. Transmitted to the 8-inch touch screen display, the image includes a graphical overlay, showing more than 6 feet behind the car and indicates the vehicles current trajectory
- Intelligent Access and push-button start Provides keyless entry to the vehicle and keyless start using the convenient, instrument panel-mounted push-button, when the remote fob is carried by the driver
- Easy Fuel Fitted as standard to all models, the award-winning capless refueling system is designed to provide a tight seal and add customer convenience
- Wi-Fi Internet connectivity when parked
- Heated first-row seats Provide added comfort during colder temperatures
- Adaptive headlamps and rain-sensing wipers Standard on high-series models, these features use an optical sensor to detect when the headlamps are required or precipitation is present
- Rear parking aid sensors Provide an audible warning when an obstacle is detected behind the vehicle while reversing
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 163,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.