Acura has unleashed a many modernized automobile to date with a 377 horsepower1 RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD now on sale. This all-new Acura flagship sedan brings to marketplace a singular mix of refreshing all-weather, any-road energetic performance, V8-class acceleration and 4-cylinder fuel potency in a oppulance opening sedan, a initial automobile of a kind with electrically powered torque vectoring all-wheel drive.
“The RLX Sport Hybrid is a many technologically modernized automobile in Acura story and we are vehement it is now in a hands of a dealers who have been energetically accessible a release.” pronounced Michael Accavitti, comparison clamp boss and ubiquitous manager, Acura division. “We know business will conclude a technological sophistication a RLX Sport Hybrid offers and a bid it took to ideal this slicing corner system.”
Producing a total 377 horsepower and 341 lb-ft of torque1, a RLX Sport Hybrid is powered by a approach injected 3.5-liter V6 engine and new three-motor hybrid complement with a latest incarnation of Acura’s signature Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) system. This singular and rarely effective multiple delivers absolute and fit performance, with a 32 mpg EPA highway fuel economy rating2. RLX Sport Hybrid delivers all of this in a lush and comprehensively-equipped package with class-leading behind chair legroom.
Priced during $59,9503 for a smartly versed Technology Package, and $65,9503 for a Advance Package, both trim levels come versed with luxurious, leather-trimmed interiors and state-of-the-art technology. Standard facilities embody a Acura Head-Up display, a 7-speed twin purchase delivery (DCT) with electronic rigging selector, Jewel Eye™ LED headlights and advanced, driver-assistive technologies such as Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Lane Keeping Assist, and Blind Spot Information system. Customers can view, build and cost a automobile during acura.com/RLX.
RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD with Technology Package
- Super Handling-All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD™)
- 3.5-liter Direct Injection SOHC i-VTEC® V-6 engine
- Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) cylinder deactivation system
- *Motor-Integtrated 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with built-in 35-kilowatt (47 hp) electric motor
- Rear-mounted Twin Motor Unit with twin 27-kilowatt (36 hp) motors
- Trunk-mounted Intelligent Power Unit with 72-cell, 1.3 kWh, 260-volt lithium-ion battery container
- Double-wishbone, reduce double-joint front cessation with a hydraulic correspondence bushing and high-strength stabilizer bar
- Multi-link behind suspension
- Amplitude reactive dampers (front and rear)
- All-aluminum front subframe
- Active Control engine Mount (ACM)
- 19-inch, 10-spoke noise-reducing amalgamate wheels
- Michelin 245/40 R19 M+S all-season tires
- Electric parking brake
- Jewel Eye™ LED headlights
- Model-exclusive LED haze lights
- Model disdainful smoked chrome front grille, hybrid and SH-AWD badging
- Next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) physique structure
- Hybrid aluminum-and-steel doorway construction
- Aluminum hood
- Capless refueling system
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Acoustic windshield and side glass
- Power retractable side mirrors
- Smart Entry (all 4 doors and trunk) with Push Button start
- 15.1-gallon fuel tank
- Premium Milano leather seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Heated 12-way-adjustable front seats (8-way energy and
4-way energy lumbar support)
- Power lean and telescoping steering column
- All-new Head-Up Display
- 8-inch tone audio/information screen
- 7-inch On-Demand Multi-Use Display™ with heard and pleasing feedback
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®
- XM Radio®
- HD Radio™
- USB port
- AUX jack
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Power tilt/slide moonroof
- Tri-zone involuntary meridian control
- Auto on/off headlights
- Leather-wrapped change knob
- Power doorway lock/unlock
- Power exhilarated side mirrors with retreat interlocking autotilt down
- One-touch spin signals
- Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™
- Next-generation AcuraLink®
- Acura/ELS Studio® Premium Audio System (14-speaker)
- Acoustic potion (windshield, front and behind doorway windows)
Safety Driver Assistive
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Expanded perspective driver’s counterpart
- Multi-angle rearview camera
- Blind Spot Information complement (BSI)
RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD with Advance Package
(upgraded or added)
Advance Package Features
- Krell ultra-premium audio complement (14-speaker)
- Expanded behind doorway sunshade
- Power-operated behind window sunshade
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Parking sensors (2 front/4 rear)
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated behind seats
- Front Seatbelt E-Pretensioners
- Rear chair feet light
- Auto-dimming side mirror
Powertrain and Drivetrain
The RLX Sport Hybrid’s 3.5-liter, 310-horsepower4, i-VTEC® V-6 engine with Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM™) includes an idle-stop underline to assistance maximize fuel efficiency. The engine is corresponding to an all-new, 7-speed twin purchase delivery with built-in electric motor. In involuntary mode, a delivery provides rarely manageable and discerning rigging selection, including relating engine revs during downshifts; in primer mode, a Sequential SportShift paddle shifters give a motorist rigging preference control to make probably seamless ratio changes.
The electric SH-AWD complement on a RLX Sport Hybrid eliminates a required expostulate missile and behind differential, replacing them with twin high-output 27-kilowatt electric motors. The behind motors boldly discharge both certain (drive) and disastrous (regenerative braking) electric-motor torque, depending on pushing conditions, and that torque vectoring assists in cornering. The complement is serve aided by a 35-kilowatt front electric engine that supplements engine torque to a front wheels and provides regenerative stop torque to assign a vehicle’s 260-volt lithium-ion battery pack.
Body and Chassis
With a longer wheelbase and wider hothouse than competing mid-luxury sedans, a RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD delivers full-size interior space in a nimbler, mid-size oppulance sedan package. The RLX boasts a longest rear-seat legroom (38.8 inches), and best front (59.6 inches) and behind (57.0 inches) shoulder room in a mid-luxury class. The RLX modernized physique pattern creates endless use of high-strength steel and aluminum, serve helping a superb fuel efficiency, straight-line opening and higher doing agility.
In front, a RLX’s double-wishbone, reduce double-joint front cessation with Amplitude Reactive Dampers significantly improves doing agility, motorist certainty and security, and float sophistication. In back, a RLX’s multi-link behind cessation is optimized for a prosaic float during cornering, assured branch capability, and a well-spoken float in a accumulation of urban, highway and open highway scenarios.
Acura modernized record facilities on a Sport Hybrid embody a Acura electronic rigging selector and Acura Head-Up Display System. The Acura electronic rigging selector replaces a conventional, core console-mounted change push with an good finished push-button array that allows a motorist to simply name a preferred expostulate mode—Park, Drive and Reverse, as good as Sport and Normal pushing modes. The Acura Head-Up Display System provides a motorist with at-a-glance entrance to pivotal pushing information projected on a windshield. Display modes embody Sport Hybrid complement operation, turn-by-turn navigation, speedometer and compass, as good as alerts from several driver-assistive systems.
The RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD facilities Acura’s signature Jewel Eye™ LED headlights, that offer superb light placement and glorious down-the-road enlightenment opening and light characteristics. The RLX taillights implement periphery LED enlightenment that is both effective and rarely distinctive.
With a stretched operation of customary and accessible record facilities built into a RLX, estimable engineering bid was put into creation any underline discerning and easy-to-use. The focal indicate of a new instrument row is a large, 8-inch tone shade that combines audio/information and navigation functions and provides entrance to an array of customizable features. An additional 7-inch tone On Demand Multi-Use Display™ (ODMD) touchscreen is positioned within easy strech and controls a audio complement and many other features.
Audio and Connectivity
Exceptional audio opening has prolonged been an Acura hallmark, and in a RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD, twin audio systems are offered. The Technology package includes a Acura/ELS Studio® Premium Audio System with an modernized 14-speaker array. In a Advance package, a 14-speaker Krell complement — with speakers and amplifiers engineered by Krell, one of a many reputable audio companies in universe — sets a new benchmark in automotive audio performance.
The RLX is versed with a next-generation AcuraLink® cloud-based connected automobile system, delivering a endless array of media, convenience, and confidence services around embedded two-way communications and web-enabled devices. AcuraLink® leverages Pandora® interface for streaming audio and a Aha™ by Harman cloud-based interface to yield users with thousands of customizable cloud-based news, information and media feeds. The next-generation AcuraLink® also delivers an array of available, subscription-based, confidence and preference features, such as AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ featuring turnpike trade and, for a initial time, aspect travel trade information.
The new RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD offers an endless array of modernized safety, prominence and driver-assistive technologies that put a RLX on a heading corner of collision deterrence and assisted pushing capability. Standard and accessible facilities embody a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera, Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW), along with Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow and Blind Spot Information (BSI) system.
Utilizing Acura’s next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) physique structure, along with 7 airbags (including a driver’s knee airbag), a RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD is expected to acquire top-level reserve ratings, including a 5-Star NCAP Overall Vehicle Score and an IIHS “TOP SAFETY PICK+” rating, and a GOOD rating in a IIHS tiny overlie front collision test.
For More Information
Consumer information is accessible during acura.com/RLX. To join a Acura village on Facebook, revisit www.facebook.com/Acura. Additional media information including minute pricing facilities and high-resolution photography of a Acura RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD is accessible during hondanews.com/channels/acura-automobiles-rlx.
1 Combined engine and hybrid electric engine complement energy and torque ratings.
2 MSRP excludes tax, license, registration, automobile options and end assign of $895.00. Dealer prices might vary.
3 Based on 2014 EPA fuel economy ratings. Use for comparison functions only. Your tangible mileage will change depending on how we expostulate and say your vehicle.
4310 horsepower during 6500 rpm (SAE net).
# # #