Las Vegas, Jan 10, 2014 – Yesterday at the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the staffs of TechHive and PCWorld selected the 2015 Hyundai Genesis as one of their top products from the show. The Genesis won in the Best Car Tech category.
Thousands of developers and hardware makers attend CES every year, bringing thousands more products with them. The editors of TechHive and PCWorld staked out the sprawling show floor to find the best that CES had to offer.
“Apps are the thing for cars at CES this year, and the 2015 Hyundai Genesis takes the trend further than anyone else,” said Melissa Riofrio, senior editor, PCWorld. “The car will sport the latest version of Hyundai’s Blue Link® telematics system, and its basic functions will be accessible via a browser, a smartphone, or the central display. But what I really love is how the Blue Link system can dig into local sources like your phone and calendar, and external sources like traffic reports, to recommend the best departure time for your next errand. Now that’s service.”
“Customers told us they want Blue Link to work like their smartphone and we’ve worked with Google, Covisint and Station Digital Media to deliver this level of functionality,” said Barry Ratzlaff, executive director, Customer Connect and Service Business Development, Hyundai Motor America. “Blue Link subscribers now have access to Google’s accuracy and massive database when they search for destinations. Plus our engineers have developed a variety of new features aimed at delighting our customers.”
GENESIS INTELLIGENT ASSISTANT APP
The Genesis Intelligent Assistant is a proactive app for automobiles intended to save the driver time and provide an even higher level of convenience. The app combines Blue Link features, data from the vehicle, the owner’s smartphone and the internet with multiple layers of intelligence. This allows the Genesis Intelligent Assistant app to send proactive notifications and recommendations to the Genesis owner in preparation for their drive.
Genesis Intelligent Assistant Functionality:
- By providing commute information and access to their smartphone’s calendar, owners can have the app automatically estimate appropriate departure times and send reminders for any upcoming appointments that require a drive.
- Departure reminder messages are determined by up-to-the-minute commute times from the user’s current location to the destination, accounting for traffic.
- Temperature outside the vehicle is determined via zip code prior to the estimated departure time. If the temperature is above or below the default level, the user will receive a notification, asking if they would like to remote start their vehicle to heat it up or cool it down.
- Recommendations for gas stations are provided, allowing the user to select a station and send the location to the vehicle’s navigation system.
- Vehicle health status will also be communicated through the user’s smartphone when an action is required. This will allow the customer to schedule car care for their Genesis directly from the app.
- Many additional Blue Link features are included within the app, making it a single, integrated solution for all drivers’ vehicle needs.
- The Genesis Intelligent Assistant app is a framework for the future with additional proactive functionality becoming available over time to provide the customer with the ultimate luxuries of time and convenience.
Blue Link Enhancements
- Destination Search powered by Google – users will be able to take advantage of Google’s powerful destination search via the Blue Link button (voice recognition) and navigation display, or through myhyundai.com and the Blue Link mobile app to send a destination to their car
- Remote Start – now includes an engine timer (1-10 min.), remote stop, remote climate control and remote defroster
- Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) and SOS Emergency Assistance –includes user-selected emergency contacts notification via SMS and e-mail
ASSURANCE CONNECTED CARE SERVICE
Assurance Connected Care makes Hyundai the only non-premium automaker to offer a complete package of complimentary safety and car care services to its owners. Assurance Connected Care is a suite of safety and car care features providing Hyundai owners with free proactive services including automatic collision notification, SOS emergency assistance, enhanced roadside assistance, monthly vehicle diagnostics reports and maintenance alerts. Assurance Connected Care makes Hyundai the first manufacturer to include this degree of built-in safety and car care services standard for three years. The service is fully transferable to subsequent owners within three years of the vehicle’s date of first use.