2015 Canadian Truck King: Sierra Denali 3500HD
GMC Sierra HD tows and hauls a heaviest bucket with unmatched comfort and technology
Oshawa, Ontario (Monday, Sep 29, 2014) – After dual days of foe and newly combined drag frame testing, a 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD was crowned Canada’s Truck King for 2015, outperforming a Ford 350 and Ram 3500.
“Being famous as a Canadian Truck King demonstrates that Sierra HD trucks are engineered but compromise, to broach a genuine universe capabilities today’s heavy-duty lorry business demand,” pronounced Mike Speranzini, code director, GMC in Canada. “The Sierra HDs’ new confidant styling and an all-new polished interior yield a comfort and eloquent record GMC is famous for.”
For a 2015 indication year, 3 major HD pickup trucks were tested in a competition of strength and road-ability. Ford, Ram and GMC diesel-powered fifth-wheel versed trucks competed for a Canadian Truck King climax in and around London, ON. Over dual days, five publisher judges gathering some-more than 2,500 exam kilometers. The trucks towed 15,000 lbs RV trailers, hauled two tons of shingles as payload, and even ran a timed quarter-mile drag strip, all while their doing systems were evaluated to establish genuine universe capabilities and code a best altogether HD pickup for a entrance indication year.
The 2015 Sierra Denali 3500 HD matches do-it-all capability with an disdainful package of pattern and upscale interior amenities and is powered by a Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel engine and Allison 1000 six-speed involuntary delivery powertrain combination. Highlights of a Duramax diesel include:
- 397 horsepower (296 kW) during 3,000 rpm
- 765 lb.-ft. of torque (1,037 Nm) during 1,600 rpm
- High-pressure (30,000 psi/2,000 bar) Piezo-actuated fuel complement for incomparable fuel efficiency, softened opening and reduced emissions
- Exhaust stop complement that enables tranquil car slack on downhill grades but actuating a brakes
- Selective catalytic rebate after-treatment complement regulating diesel empty liquid (DEF) injection to yield a best altogether diesel characteristics and performance.
The Sierra Denali 3500HD also boasts:
- Best-in-class limit load of 3,508 kilograms (7,374 lbs)
- Best-in-class required towing ability of 8,890 kilograms (19,600 lbs)
- Fully-boxed, high-strength-steel frame
- Smart empty stop underline that provides incomparable control on grades and reduced stop pad wear
- Enhanced cooling airflow, that enables a Duramax turbo diesel engine to improved say full power, even underneath complicated loads and high ambient temperatures
- An array of control features, including trailer lean control, integrated trailer stop control, mountain start assist, involuntary class braking, intelligent stop support and incomparable brakes.
- CornerStep back bumper, EZ Lift and Lower tailgate, customary top tie-downs and other facilities that make load doing easier
- Latest-generation IntelliLink infotainment system, that offers a accumulation of connectivity options for inclination of all forms and accessible navigation
About Truck King Challenge
The Canadian Truck King Challenge is an annual contrast eventuality that was recognised by, and owned only by, Howard J Elmer, Canadian automotive publisher and lorry attention expert. Started in 2006 a charge of a eventuality was (and is) to be a truly non-partisan truck-only eventuality involving all a brands and evaluated by a knowledgeable, tangible organisation of automotive journalists. As such, contrast involves real-world challenges, like towing, load evaluation, timed drag strip, pattern comments, automatic examination and fuel expenditure results. This eventuality is not a beauty contest. It has winners and losers, and a formula are presented to a manufacturers and shopping open comparison – unedited and unvarnished. Over a past 8 years a Canadian Truck King Challenge has built poignant credit with Canadian lorry consumers and is now a many expected tumble event.
About GMC in Canada
GMC has made trucks given 1902, and is one of a industry’s healthiest brands. Innovation and engineering value is built into all GMC vehicles and a code is elaborating to offer some-more fuel-efficient trucks and crossovers, including a Terrain tiny SUV and Acadia crossover. The 2014 Sierra half-ton pickup boasts all-new powertrains and design, and a Sierra Heavy Duty pickups are a many able and absolute trucks ever built by GMC. Every sell GMC model, including Yukon and Yukon XL full-size SUVs, is now accessible in Denali oppulance trim. Details on all GMC models are accessible during http://www.gmc.gm.ca, on Twitter during @GMCCanada or during http://www.facebook.com/gmccanada.