2012 Nissan Quest Press Kit: At a Glance
The 2012 Nissan Quest is more than just another standard minivan – it’s a new take on innovation for the family. From its bold styling with full surround glass to its extensive list of family friendly innovations, Quest “gets” parenting better than any other minivan. Key features include one-touch power sliding doors, fold-flat 2nd and 3rd row seats, Advanced Climate Control System, and an always-available rear storage. Enhancements to the fourth generation design include standard XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately) on Quest SV and SL models, and one new exterior color – Super Black.
Quest’s sophisticated, modern exterior combines fluid sculptural elements with a dynamic mass and crafted details to provide a fresh take on minivan design. In front, the bold bumper and horizontal grille and headlights blend into the side character line. The bold door sections and surfaces flow seamlessly into the rear “boomerang” taillights and tailgate finisher, helping create a look as if Quest was carved from one solid piece of sculptor’s stone.
The 2012 Quest comes with standard Nissan Intelligent Key™ and optional one-touch power sliding doors, which unlock and open the side door with the simple touch of a button. Also, the sliding door step-in height is several inches lower than competitive minivans, which is helpful for small children or older adults getting into the 2nd or 3rd rows. To assist entry further, the Quest’s 2nd row features a standard walk-in device for easier access to the 3rd row. Finally, a one-touch unlock/open power rear liftgate is standard on Quest SL and LE models.
The easy-to-use convenience also carries over into the interior design with the quick release fold-flat 2nd and 3rd row seats. The 3rd row folds forward – unlike any other minivan, there is no stowing required. The permanent rear storage well is always available, and a flat cargo floor is achieved without removing any seats. Third row power return seatbacks are also available on Quest LE.
Quest’s always-available rear storage well provides a large, flexible space behind the 3rd row seat, offering a hidden additional cargo area for bulky items. The storage well is covered by a lightweight but sturdy 60/40-split removable cover – you can carry something long, and still get quick access to one side. The storage area is independent of the fold flat 3rd row seat, so it’s always there when you need it.
One of the most innovative and certain to be appreciated technologies is the Quest LE’s standard Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with Plasmacluster™ air purifier and Grape Polyphenol Filter. The system works three ways to help reduce allergens and unwanted odors within the Quest cabin.
Quest’s standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) includes a segment-first application of Nissan’s Easy Fill Tire Alert. When filling the tires with air, the hazard lamps flash to let you know the system is working. When you’ve reached the correct pressure, Quest will give a friendly beep of the horn.
All 2012 Quest models feature a standard VQ-series 3.5-liter DOHC V6 rated at 260 horsepower and 240 lb-ft of torque, and an advanced Xtronic CVT™ transmission that provides a smooth driving experience. Fuel economy is estimated at 19 mpg City/24 mpg Highway. Quest also features 4-wheel independent suspension, 4-wheel disc brakes and vehicle-speed-sensitive power steering.
As part of Nissan’s “Safety Shield” concept, Quest is designed to incorporate a number of advanced safety systems, including the Blind Spot Warning (BSW) system, which is standard on Quest LE. BSW helps alert the driver by illuminating an indicator light in the outside mirror if another vehicle is detected in the blind spot area. If the driver then engages the turn signal, the indicator flashes and an audible alert sounds.
The 2012 Nissan Quest is offered in four well-equipped models: S, SV, SL and LE. Seven exterior colors are available, and there are two interior colors in a choice of cloth (S and SV) or leather-appointed (SL and LE) seating.
Highlights of the 2012 Nissan Quest include:
• Strong, progressive styling with fluid sculptural elements, dynamic mass and crafted details to provide a fresh take on minivan design
• Bold bumper and horizontal grille and headlights
• Strong character line and distinctive wheel forms
• Bold door sections and surfaces, rear “boomerang” taillights and tailgate finisher
• Full surround glass with rear privacy glass, black sash molding and chrome trim accents
• 0.32 coefficient of drag (Quest S)
• Available High Intensity Discharge (HID) xenon headlights, auto on/off headlight function
• Available fog lights (standard on SV, SL and LE)
• Available dual power heated outside mirrors
• Standard rear roof spoiler
• Standard chrome door handles, chrome license plate finisher
• Available Dual Opening Glass Moonroof
• Front triangle windows for enhanced forward visibility
• Power sliding side doors with selective unlock function and one-touch unlock feature (works in conjunction with the standard Nissan Intelligent Key™)
• Available one-touch power sliding doors
• Second row power windows
• Available power liftgate (standard on SL and LE)
• Available roof rack with accessory cross bars
• Seven available exterior colors: Twilight Gray, Dark Mahogany, Titanium Beige, Super Black, Brilliant Silver, Platinum Graphite and White Pearl
Engine and Driveline
• Front engine, front-wheel drive
• 3.5-liter 24-valve DOHC V6 producing 260 horsepower @6,000 rpm and 240 lb-ft of torque @4,400 rpm
• Twin Nissan variable Induction Control System (NICS), twin knock sensor, low exhaust pressure, 10.3:1 compression ratio, 6,600 rpm redline
• Xtronic CVT™ with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) for responsive handling and smoothness – utilizes an advanced, sport-tuned controller with adaptive logic for driving comfort or driving performance as conditions require
Suspension, Steering and Braking
• Proven “D” platform (also utilized on Maxima, Altima and Murano) designed to provide improved stiffness for reduced levels of noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) over the previous generation Quest design, as well as outstanding handling responsiveness and ride comfort
• 4-wheel independent suspension (independent strut front, multi-link rear), front stabilizer bar
• Twin tube shock absorbers for responsiveness and reduced ride harshness
• Vehicle-speed-sensitive power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering
• 4-wheel vented disc brakes with Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Brake Assist (BA) and Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)
• 16-inch steel wheels with full wheel covers and P225/65R16 all-season tires on S model
• 16-inch aluminum-alloy, machine-finish wheels with P225/65R16 all-season tires on SV model
• Standard 18-inch aluminum-alloy, machine-finish wheels with P235/55R18 tires on SL and LE models
• “Great Room in Motion” interior design, combining a warm atmosphere, user-friendly technology, high-functionality storage and organizational features
• 7-passenger seating capacity with fold-flat 2nd and 3rd row seats, flat cargo floor and permanent rear storage well. Seats fold forward, so no seat removal is ever required.
• Wide instrument panel design with wood-tone trim
• Available leather-appointed interior surfaces (standard on SL and LE)
• Standard Nissan Intelligent Key™
• Standard Push Button Ignition
• Available Quick Comfort heated front seats (standard on SL and LE)
• Available 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, 4-way power-adjustable front passenger’s seat
• Available auto tilt-in-reverse outside mirrors
• Available 4.3-inch color display for audio, climate control, fuel economy, maintenance and comfort and convenience systems
• Available Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System (standard on SV, SL and LE)
• Available Nissan Hard-Drive Navigation System with user-friendly graphic interface, menu structure and intelligent search capabilities, and XM NavTraffic® and XM NavWeather™ (XM® subscription required, sold separately) and Zagat Survey©
• 60/40 3rd row fold-flat rear seatback with power 3rd row seat up function on LE
• Standard XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately) (except S)
• Standard AM/FM/CD6 with four speakers, AUX-in jack and MP3/WMA capability
• Available Bose® premium 13-speaker (including subwoofer) audio system with Radio Data System, USB, MP3/WMA capability and speed-sensitive volume control
• Available Interface System for iPod® (SV, SL and LE)
• Available RearView Monitor (standard on SV, SL and LE)
• Highly functional storage systems, including a two-tier front center console storage box
• Removable 2nd row console, available overhead console
• Auto door lock feature
• Advanced Climate Control System with Plasmacluster™ air purifier, Grape Polyphenol Filter and auto recirculation (standard on LE)
• Tri-Zone Auto Temperature Control (SV and SL)
• Conversation mirror, which helps enhance visibility and conversation with children in the 2nd and 3rd rows
• 2nd and 3rd row theater seating
• Available DVD entertainment System with 11-inch WVGA monitor and auto bright function (standard on LE, optional on SL)
• Two available interior colors – Beige and Grey
• Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt sensors and an occupant classification sensor
• Front-seat mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
• Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags with rollover sensor
• Front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters
• Zone Body Construction with front and rear crumple zones
• Front seat Active Head Restraints
• Seat belt reminder with warning chime
• LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)
• Child safety rear door locks
• Standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Easy Fill Tire Alert
• Vehicle Security System (VSS)
• Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System
• Available Blind Spot Warning (BSW) system (standard on LE)
• Standard Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) and Traction Control System (TCS)
Models and Manufacturing
• Offered in four well-equipped models: Quest S, Quest SV, Quest SL and Quest LE
• Assembled in Kyushu, Japan