- AutoMobili-D exposition, focused on a fast elaborating tellurian automotive and mobility landscape, runs in and with a 2017 North American International Auto Show and will underline some-more than 100 companies
- Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. Chief Executive Officer Carlos Ghosn to give AutoMobili-D keynote residence on “Autonomous, Electric and Connected – A Talk on Current and Future Mobility”
- Nissan LEAF provides genuine universe instance of LEAF-to-Home technology, charity guest refreshments done with appetite sourced wholly from world’s best-selling electric vehicle
- LEAF owners opposite a creation have trafficked a landmark 1.8 billion miles, saving 1.1 billion pounds of CO2 emissions 1
DETROIT – Nissan currently announced it will be a vital member in a initial AutoMobili-D event, that takes place January 8 by 12 in and with a 2017 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS). Nissan’s vital activities will include:
- A keynote debate by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. Chief Executive Officer Carlos Ghosn on Monday, Jan 9 during 3 p.m. EST
- A destiny record arrangement featuring a “refreshing” proof of LEAF-to-Home possibilities with a smoothie appurtenance powered by Nissan LEAF – a universe personality in pristine electric automobile sales.
Mr. Ghosn, uninformed off his keynote residence during a 2017 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, will plead stream and destiny mobility trends – including Nissan’s prophesy for a destiny called Nissan Intelligent Mobility. At CES, he projected that by 2030, electric vehicles will comment for two-thirds of all cars on a highway in populated, high-income cities. This is an boost from reduction than one percent sole globally in 2015.
Nissan is a colonize of a electric automobile movement, carrying introduced a world’s initial mass-market electric car, a Nissan LEAF, in 2010. Today, there are some-more than 275,000 Nissan EVs on a highway globally with 102,000 of these vehicles in United States alone.
EV batteries can do some-more than only yield appetite for pushing – they can also be used as appetite storage inclination – and Nissan is a heading proponent of “Vehicle to Home,” “Vehicle to Building” and “Vehicle to Grid” solutions. Nissan is operative with several organizations around a country, including utilities, investigate organizations, horse manufacturers, regulators and other supervision agencies, as good as a ubiquitous public, in both proof projects and serve research.
Nissan is heavily focused on scheming for “LEAF-to-Home” commercialization in a U.S., identical to what is accessible on a marketplace in Japan today. In 2012, Nissan introduced this complement in Japan, permitting drivers to supply a residence with a appetite stored in a Nissan LEAF battery. By charging a automobile during night when electricity is cheaper and powering a domicile during a day, a complement assists in alleviating appetite expenditure during rise durations when direct is top and many expensive. It can also be used as a backup appetite supply for blackouts and emergencies. Today about 4,000 households in Japan are utilizing their EVs to conduct home appetite use, and hundreds of EVs are powering buildings in Japan and Europe.
Elsewhere in a U.S., Nissan is concerned with a accumulation of “Vehicle to Grid” and “LEAF-to-Home” activities – including as a long-term partner with a Department of Defense on mixed grid-based projects during Los Angeles Air Force Base (California), Fort Hood (Texas), and Joint Base Andrews (Maryland). Combined, approximately 30 LEAFs have been deployed during these bases to denote a technical and marketplace viability of EV appearance on a grid. Similar programs are underway between Nissan and other organizations around a U.S., including universities and utilities.
As a proof during AutoMobili-D, a prolongation LEAF is being employed for a rather opposite charge – powering smoothie machines to yield refreshments (during name times) during a event.
“We’re anxious to have a event to uncover a LEAF-to-Home complement during Automobili-D,” pronounced Brian Maragno, director, Nissan EV Sales and Marketing. “Nissan has been a colonize in ‘Vehicle-to-Home’ record and a personality in a tellurian adoption and we demeanour brazen to exploring a intensity of this system, as good as a ‘Vehicle-to-Building’ and ‘Vehicle-to-Grid’ solutions in a really nearby future.”
For some-more information on a 2017 Nissan LEAF and a finish lineup of innovative Nissan cars, truck, SUVs and crossovers, greatfully revisit www.NissanNews.com.
# # #
1. Totals formed on estimates from Nissan’s Global Data Center (GDC) as of Nov 2016. The sum stretch trafficked and a volume of CO2 emissions saved by Nissan LEAFs globally is an arrogance formed on information collected from Nissan LEAFs purebred with NissanConnect EV, approximately 50 percent of sum sales globally.