- “Right sized” Rogue Sport slots only underneath renouned 2017 Rogue, Nissan’s #1 offering car in a U.S., and serve expands Nissan’s endless SUV lineup
- Brings Intelligent Safety Shield technologies, fun-to-drive opening and affordability to young, civic compress competition application car buyers
- Featured in 11:30 a.m. EST press conference, along with universe entrance of a new Nissan sedan concept
DETROIT – The new 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport, that is designed to enhance a assembly for Nissan’s top-selling Rogue crossover when it goes on sale this spring, is set to make a automobile uncover entrance this morning during a North American International Auto Show.
The redesigned Rogue pennyless Nissan’s all-time U.S. singular month sales record for an particular indication in Dec 2016 with sales of 40,477 units. Rogue also upheld Nissan’s longtime sales leader, Altima, for a 2016 calendar year Nissan U.S. sales crown.
The new Rogue Sport will be assimilated on theatre by a new Nissan sedan concept. Presenting a dual new vehicles will be José Muñoz, Chief Performance Officer, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.; Chairman, Nissan North America, Inc., and Shiro Nakamura, Senior Vice President, Chief Creative Officer, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
“The new Rogue Sport is a ideal further to a red prohibited Rogue lineup, that is also adding a first-ever Rogue Hybrid indication for 2017,” pronounced Michael Bunce, clamp president, Product Planning, Nissan North America, Inc. “With Rogue Sport’s somewhat smaller measure and sporty maneuverability, it’s ideal for singles or couples but kids – or dull nesters – who wish a sportier car and can live with a small reduction load ability than a stream Rogue offers.”
Rogue Sport has a 2.3-inch shorter wheelbase and a 12.1-inch shorter altogether length than Rogue, assisting make it some-more maneuverable in city trade and an ideal distance for parsimonious city parking spaces. Other useful city journey facilities operation from adult to 61.1 cubic feet of load space (2nd quarrel chair folded) and accessible innovative Divide-N-Hide® Cargo System to a Around View® Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection (MOD)1.
Rogue Sport offers accessible Nissan Intelligent Safety Shield technologies including Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection2, Intelligent Cruise Control3, Rear Cross Traffic Alert4 and Forward Emergency Braking2.
Rogue Sport is offering with a customary 141-horsepower 2.0-liter DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG™) complement engine and Xtronic transmission. It goes on sale during Nissan dealers national – in a choice of S, SV and SL class levels – commencement in open 2017.
The Nissan sedan concept, that will be suggested during this morning’s media eventuality in a Nissan arrangement during a North American International Auto Show, combines a demeanour during a Nissan’s destiny pattern instruction while also providing hints during a destiny of Nissan Intelligent Mobility – a company’s roadmap to achieving 0 emissions and 0 fatalities.
For some-more information on a new Rogue Sport, Rogue and a finish Nissan car lineup, greatfully revisit www.NissanNews.com.
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan’s operations embody automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, placement and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving a sourroundings underneath a Nissan Green Program and has been famous annually by a U.S Environmental Protection Agency as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of a Year given 2010. More information on Nissan in North America and a finish line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online during www.NissanUSA.com and www.InfinitiUSA.com, or revisit a U.S. media sites NissanNews.com and InfinitiNews.com.
About Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Nissan is a tellurian full-line car manufacturer that sells some-more than 60 models underneath a Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. In mercantile year 2015, a association sole some-more than 5.4 million vehicles globally, generating income of 12.2 trillion yen. Nissan engineers, manufactures and markets a world’s best-selling all-electric car in history, a Nissan LEAF. Nissan’s tellurian domicile in Yokohama, Japan manages operations in 6 regions: ASEAN Oceania; Africa, Middle East India; China; Europe; Latin America and North America. Nissan has been partnered with French manufacturer Renault given 1999 and Mitsubishi Motors given 2016 underneath a Renault-Nissan Alliance.
For some-more information on a products, services and joining to tolerable mobility, revisit a website during http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/. You can also follow @NissanMotor on Twitter.
# # #
Product Communications, Nissan North America
1. AVM with MOD can't totally discharge blind spots and might not detect each object. MOD operates during vehicles speeds next 5 mph. Always check vicinity and spin to demeanour behind we before relocating vehicle.
2. Forward Emergency Braking and Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection are not a deputy for obliged driving. May not yield warning or braking in certain conditions. Limitations apply. See Owner’s Manual for details.
3. Intelligent Cruise Control is not a collision deterrence complement or warning device. Designed to use singular braking. Failure to request a brakes could outcome in an accident.
4. Not a surrogate for correct subsidy procedures. May not detect all relocating vehicles. Speed and other stipulations apply. See Owner’s Manual for details.