Hyundai Genesis Intelligent Assistant Mobile App Highlights:
- Combines Hyundai Blue Link features, data from the vehicle, the owner’s smartphone and the internet with multiple layers of intelligence to send reminders and notifications
- Saves owners time with pre-drive app reminders and notifications
Blue Link 3.0 Mobile App Highlights:
- Remote Start includes an engine timer (1-10 minutes), remote stop, remote climate control and remote defroster (Available on select vehicles. Visit www.HyundaiBlueLink.com for more details.)
- Simplified user interface and faster navigation
- Home screen shortcuts help users navigate to main Blue Link features
- Updated map includes Google Point of Interest (POI) details – business hours, distance to location and ratings
- Searches for nearby gas stations
- Users can favorite a POI as My POI for quick access
- View remote request history to see more details
- Supports all Blue Link-enabled vehicles
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 7, 2014 – Hyundai Genesis owners will no longer need to remember to remote start their car on a hot afternoon or cold morning. They won’t need to guess an appropriate departure time to make a seven o’clock dinner reservation. This is because Hyundai Motor America has launched its Genesis Intelligent Assistant smartphone app using award-winning Blue Link technology to help complete these tasks for them.
The Genesis Intelligent Assistant is so smart that it will remind owners to start their engine and determine an up-to-the minute commute time to a restaurant – all through their smartphone. In addition, the new Hyundai Blue Link 3.0 smartphone app now allows users to remotely control their car’s climate control settings. The completely redesigned Hyundai Blue Link 3.0 smartphone app has been significantly enhanced from the previous version now allowing users to remotely control their car’s climate control settings. Hyundai Blue Link 3.0 also boasts a new user experience, faster navigation and innovative new features. Google Android and Apple iOS users can download the app from Google Play or the Apple App Store starting today.
Genesis Intelligent Assistant
“Cars are beginning to work more like smartphones and this is exactly what our customers have been asking for,” said Barry Ratzlaff, executive director, customer connect and service business development, Hyundai Motor America. “Genesis owners now have access to reminders and notifications just like the ones they get on their phones when it is time to check in for a flight, receive breaking news or take that 10,000th step during their day.”
Hyundai Genesis Intelligent Assistant login screen and reminder notifications
The Genesis Intelligent Assistant is a proactive app for Hyundai cars intended to save the driver time and provide an even higher level of convenience. The app combines Blue Link features, data from the vehicle, the owner’s smartphone and the internet with multiple layers of intelligence. This allows the Genesis Intelligent Assistant app to send proactive notifications and recommendations to Genesis owners in preparation for their drive.
By providing commute information and access to their smartphone’s calendar, Genesis owners can have the app automatically estimate appropriate departure times and send reminders for any upcoming appointments that require a drive. Departure reminder messages are determined by up-to-the-minute commute times from the user’s current location to the destination, accounting for traffic.
Temperature outside the vehicle is determined via zip code prior to the estimated departure time. If the temperature is above or below the default level, users will receive a notification, asking if they would like to remote start their vehicle to heat it up or cool it down.
Recommendations for gas stations are provided, allowing the user to select a station and send the location to the vehicle’s navigation system. A vehicle health status will also be communicated through the user’s smartphone when an action is required. This will allow the customer to schedule car care for their Genesis directly from the app.
Many additional Blue Link features are included within the app, making it a single, integrated solution for all driver vehicle needs. These features include remote climate control, remote defroster, remote engine stop and the ability to control how long the engine will run after a remote start with an engine duration timer (1-10 minutes). The Genesis Intelligent Assistant app is a framework for the future, with additional proactive functionality becoming available over time to provide the customer with the ultimate luxuries of time and convenience.
Blue Link 3.0 Mobile App
The Blue Link 3.0 mobile app means Hyundai owners with Blue Link subscriptions will be able to remote start their car on a winter day and turn on the defroster to melt snow and ice away. They will never again have to suffer sitting in a hot seat when getting into their car on a 95-degree day because the app can remotely start the car’s air conditioning and bring the temperature to a comfortable 70 degrees. The app can now also control how long the engine will run when started remotely and stop the ignition from any distance. In addition, the simpler user interface is more intuitive to use for common tasks. All remote features and services are now accessible from the home screen.
“We know remote start is the most popular Blue Link service,” said Ratzlaff said. “Hyundai owners request remote starts through Blue Link more than 3 million times a year, so it makes sense for us to offer remote climate control to enable customers to warm up or cool down their vehicle from anywhere they have a wireless or cellular connection.”
Blue Link 3.0 app home screen and remote start with remote climate control settings
The Blue Link 3.0 app still makes scheduling that next oil change, tire rotation or other service a snap. The Blue Link 3.0 app connects users directly to their preferred dealer to setup an appointment. It also sends the dealer a diagnostic snapshot of the vehicle, and the user can select the type of service needed. The customer also knows from monthly vehicle health reports where the trouble might be.
Current users of the Blue Link app will receive a notification on their smartphone to download the new Blue Link 3.0 app. Depending on the user’s preferences, 2015 Sonata Blue Link app users will receive the update automatically or have to accept the update through their phone app store to transition to the new Blue Link 3.0 app. The complete set of Blue Link mobile app services remain available with a trial or paid Blue Link subscription. Additional remote services include:
- Remote Start with Climate Control (if equipped)
- Remote Stop (if equipped)
- Search and send Points of Interest (POI) to your Hyundai vehicle
- Access your saved POIs
- Lock or unlock the door remotely
- Activate Horn and/or Lights remotely
- Find your Hyundai vehicle
- Make a service appointment
- Access Blue Link Customer Care
- Access maintenance info and Monthly Vehicle Health Report
- View your profile
The Genesis Intelligent Assistant and Blue Link 3.0 apps also include the following next generation Blue Link enhancements and features.
Next-Generation Blue Link Enhancements
- Destination Search powered by Google: Users will be able to take advantage of Google’s powerful destination search via the Blue Link Navigation Services button (voice recognition) and navigation display or through myhyundai.com and the Blue Link mobile app to send a destination to their car
- Remote Start with Climate Control: Now includes an engine timer (1-10 minutes), remote stop, remote climate control and remote defroster
- Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) and SOS Emergency Assistance: Includes primary subscriber notification via SMS and e-mail
Blue Link Features
Blue Link is offered in three service packages: Connected Care, Remote and Guidance:
- Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) and Assistance
- SOS Emergency Assistance
- Enhanced Roadside Assistance
- Monthly Vehicle Report
- Maintenance Reminder
- Automated Diagnostic Trouble Code Notification (DTC)
- Recall Advisor
- Service Link
- Blue Link Mobile App
- On-Demand Diagnostics
- App Store Access (In-Vehicle and Web, Limited functionality)
- In-Vehicle Car Care App
- Pre-Loaded Apps
- Driving Information (Available in-vehicle only)
- Wi-Fi Access
- Secondary Driver
- Remote Vehicle Start
- Remote Climate Control (if equipped)
- Remote Stop (if equipped)
- Remote Door Lock/Unlock
- Remote Horn and Lights
- Car Finder via Mobile App
- Stolen Vehicle Recovery/Slowdown/Immobilization
- Alarm Notification
- Vehicle Safeguard Alerts
- Valet Alert
- Speed Alert
- Curfew Alert
- Destination Search Powered by Google
- POI Web Search and Download
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation Service
More details on Hyundai Blue Link are available at http://www.hyundaibluelink.com/.