Students, alumni and fans of America’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) expel their votes online and took to amicable media to assistance their favorite marching bands allege to a 13th annual Honda Battle of a Bands Invitational Showcase. The final 8 bands have been comparison and will take a Georgia Dome by charge on Jan 24, 2015, when they showcase their implausible low-pitched talent and electrifying climax in front of a packaged throng in Atlanta, GA.
The following 8 bands will perform during a 13th Annual Honda Battle of a Bands Invitational Showcase:
- Alabama State University, Mighty Marching Hornets (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
- Bethune-Cookman University, Marching Wildcats (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)
- Howard University, Showtime Marching Band (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference); behaving during Honda Battle of a Bands for a initial time
- Jackson State University, Sonic Boom of a South (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
- North Carolina AT University, Blue and Gold Marching Machine (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)
- Southern University, Human Jukebox (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
- Talladega College, Marching Tornado Band (Gulf Coast Athletic Conference); behaving during Honda Battle of a Bands for a initial time
- Tennessee State University, Aristocrat of Bands (Ohio Valley Conference)
Tickets to a Honda Battle of a Bands are accessible for squeeze now on a official website, starting during only $10. The participating 8 HBCUs will accept a $20,000 extend from Honda to support their song preparation programs, and transport to and accommodations in Atlanta for a Invitational Showcase. The final 8 were comparison by a routine that enclosed online fan voting, as good as feedback from rope directors, HBCU propagandize presidents and member from American Honda.
This year’s theme, “March On,” serves as a sign to students and fans that life on and off a margin is a journey, and no matter a challenge, a dream or what might distortion ahead, training never stops as prolonged as we dedicate to “March On.”
“Honda congratulates a 8 bands comparison to attend in a Invitational Showcase and interjection all of a schools, students, alumni and fans that participated in a routine heading to Atlanta,” pronounced Stephan Morikawa, Assistant Vice President, Corporate Community Relations, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. “Honda is committed to ancillary preparation during HBCUs by investing in their programs and providing a height directed during assisting students comprehend what Honda calls The Power of Dreams.”
The 2015 Invitational Showcase will underline a first-ever Honda Battle of a Bands Power of Dreams Award. Participating teams and fans will have a event to commission an superb member of their village who is operative to assistance students grasp their dreams. Honda will afterwards name a leader who will be famous in Atlanta during a 2015 Honda Battle of a Bands Invitational Showcase.
For updates, follow a Honda Battle of a Bands and join a amicable media review regulating #HBOB.
- Facebook – Facebook.com/HondaBattleoftheBands
- Twitter – @The_Honda / Twitter.com/The_Honda
- Instagram – @The_Honda / Instagram.com/the_honda
- YouTube – YouTube.com/hondabotb
For some-more information on a 2015 Honda Battle of a Bands, revisit HondaBattleoftheBands.com.
Honda’s long-standing joining to a support and success of a nation’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) began some-more than 20 years ago with a investiture of a Honda Campus All-Star Challenge, a module designed to showcase a educational gifts and bravery of HBCU students. American Honda began a support of Honda Battle of a Bands some-more than 12 years ago as an bid to support HBCU song programs.
Honda seeks to be a association that multitude wants to exist, formulating products and technologies that urge a lives of people while minimizing a environmental impacts of a products and business operations to safeguard a tolerable destiny for society. Honda is also committed to creation certain contributions to a communities where we do business, to socially obliged business practices and to a graduation of farrago in a workforce. From a impasse in STEM preparation and HBCUs to a support of pediatric mind growth research, and support of proffer efforts by Honda associates, including environmental clean-up activities, Honda believes in giving behind to a communities where we live and work. Find out some-more during csr.honda.com.