- Advanced connectivity and party with new Display Audio, CabinWatch, CabinTalk streaming video with 4G LTE Wi-Fi
- New CabinControl app enables smartphone control of pivotal automobile systems, audio and back party comforts
- New Magic Slide™ second-row chair provides a ultimate in family-friendly coherence and comfort
- New 10-speed delivery joins DI V-6 engine in powertrain lineup
- Honda Sensing™ customary on trims approaching to paint 95 percent of sales
DETROIT – Honda now took a wraps off a sleek, worldly and innovative new 2018 Odyssey minivan, rising during dealerships national this spring. Already a many renouned minivan with particular American automobile buyers for 7 years running, a next-generation Odyssey brings a horde of new comforts and technologies for 2018, including a singly versatile new Magic Slide™ second-row seat; new CabinWatch and CabinTalk technologies; new Display Audio touchscreen with Honda-developed OS; 4G LTE Wi-Fi connectivity; new Rear Entertainment System with streaming video; and Honda Sensing™ reserve and driver-assistive technologies, now offering customary on EX and above trims.
“This new Odyssey raises a stakes for family-friendly packaging, opening and record in a minivan segment,” pronounced John Mendel, Executive Vice President of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. “In all aspects of a design, a new Odyssey is done to keep any member of a family happy, no matter a seating position, no matter a destination.”
Sophisticated and Family-Friendly Design
The Odyssey’s worldly and complicated new styling adopts Honda’s signature drifting wing front grille flanked by accessible LED front headlights. The confidant and sporty front fascia also conceals a new Active Shutter Grille for softened fuel potency when cruising. The Odyssey’s signature lightning shaft beltline now provides an even some-more superb pattern component with a shifting doorway marks dark in a reduce apportionment of a back entertain windows. At a back there are LED taillights and an accessible new hands-free energy tailgate with feet activation.
Inside, a new Odyssey comforts high-grade materials including a soft-touch instrument panel. The driver’s scale comforts a new 7-inch, full-color TFT display, and in a core of a lurch there is an accessible 8-inch high-resolution Display Audio touchscreen interface (EX and above). In top grades, stain-resistant leather first- and second-row seating surfaces and doorway trim and black carpeting and black seatbelts are designed to disguise stains, while a new grooveless tambour lid on a atmospheric and versatile core console resists a accumulation of crumbs and debris.
In-vehicle connectivity is taken to a whole new “family connectivity” concept. Old-fashioned family connectivity – infrequently called a review – is done easier than ever with a quietest cabin in a class, and is protracted with a crowd of new connected-vehicle comforts and technologies, including:
- New Display Audio – featuring a new Honda-developed doing system, some-more discerning menus and customizable app tiles, this 8-inch high-resolution (720P) touchscreen interface serves as a haughtiness core for a crowd of new audio and telematics options, including Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility, and adds a earthy volume doorknob for softened usability.
- System updates – users can download accessible updates to a Display Audio doing complement and back party complement during their preference around 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, or USB.
- CabinWatch – regulating a camera, CabinWatch lets a motorist and front newcomer keep tabs on passengers both day and night around a 8-inch Display Audio screen.
- CabinTalk – enables a motorist to speak to second – and third-row passengers yet a second-and third-row speakers and back party complement headphones.
- Connected Rear Entertainment System – second- and third-row passengers can suffer streaming video on a ceiling-mounted, 10.2-inch WSVGA Rear Entertainment System, including PBS Kids, iHeart Radio, Spotify and more, by a accessible in-vehicle 4G LTE Wi-Fi, open Wi-Fi or user’s cellphone information plan. A new “How Much Farther?” app lets passengers lane a family’s outing progress.
- CabinControl – regulating a downloadable app, users can use a intelligent phone to control a back party system, back cabin feverishness and atmosphere conditioning, and send destinations to a embedded Honda navigation system.
- Social Play List – partial of CabinControl, Social Playlist operates like a practical jukebox, permitting adult to 8 family members to upload their song choices to a audio complement around their smartphones.
Cabin serenity is enabled by new comforts and technologies including triple doorway seals, accessible acoustic front and side glass, and increasing use of sound deadening materials underneath a floor, in a engine cell and underneath a fenders, along with customary Active Sound Control technology.
New Magic Slide™ seats
A vital creation to family-friendly cabin seating coherence is a Odyssey’s new Magic Slide™ second-row seat, simply reconfigurable for optimal newcomer comfort, people- and cargo-hauling flexibility, and easy entrance to third-row seating – even when one or dual rear-facing child seats are placed in a second row. Use modes include:
- Easy Access mode – with a core chair removed, a outboard seats slip aside by 5 selectable positions, permitting for easy entrance to a third quarrel even with one or dual rear-facing child seats commissioned in a second row. And with a center-most chair slid forward, a child is put within easy strech of a front chair occupants.
- Super mode – like Easy Access mode though with a driver’s side chair set to walk-in position (slid full brazen with a seatback tilted) for limit entrance to a third row.
- Wide mode – with a core chair private and dual outboard seats in their outdoor many positions, providing a far-reaching core walkthrough to a third quarrel (and no some-more “Dad, he’s touching me again!”).
- Buddy mode – with a core chair private and dual outboard seats adjoining one another in a core of a vehicle, putting dual people in tighten vicinity and within easier strech of a front chair occupants.
Safety for a Family
All 2018 Odysseys in EX and above trims, approaching to contain about 95 percent of all Odyssey sales, will underline a Honda Sensing™ apartment of modernized reserve and driver-assistive technologies as customary equipment, including Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS™), Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). Combined with a Odyssey’s next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) physique structure and modernized airbags, including new motorist and front newcomer knee airbags, a Odyssey targets a top accessible reserve ratings – an NCAP 5-star Overall Vehicle Score and an IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating.
Additional Features and Technologies
Additional new customary and accessible comforts embody LED headlights, exhilarated and ventilated front seats, exhilarated side mirrors and steering wheel, automobile high-beam headlights, rain-sensing wipers, blind mark information (on all models with Honda Sensing), front and back parking sensors, Rear Cross Traffic Monitor, Electric Parking Brake with Brake Hold, three-zone involuntary meridian control, wireless device charging, multi-zone audio, Sirius 2.0, Pandora compatibility, HD Radio™, and HondaVac® in-vehicle vacuum.
Advanced new powertrains, physique and chassis
The 2018 Honda Odyssey will be powered by a 3.5-liter, direct-injected i-VTEC™ V-6 engine with Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM™). Peak engine outlay is 280 SAE net horsepower (+32 HP) and advantages from a modernized capabilities of a dual accessible new transmissions – a 9-speed involuntary and, for top grades an all-new, Honda-developed 10-speed automatic, a initial of a kind in a minivan, providing some-more assured and polished performance.
These modernized new powertrains, together with a some-more firm and lightweight body, new framework technology, and Odyssey’s neat and aerodynamic new pattern are approaching to outcome in class-leading opening and top-in-class EPA fuel economy ratings. Honda’s Intelligent Traction Management complement adds normal and sleet modes and combines with Agile Handling Assist and a some-more absolute braking complement for softened all-weather traction and control.
Advanced new physique and chassis
An all-new physique and framework pattern underpins a new Odyssey’s impossibly still cabin and class-leading steering precision, doing bravery and float comfort. The Odyssey physique utilizes modernized materials, including ultra-high-strength steel, aluminum and magnesium to concurrently minimize weight and urge physique rigidity. Vehicle weight is down by adult to 96 pounds, depending on trim, and torsional physique acerbity is adult 44 percent from a effusive model.
New framework comforts embody a highly-responsive new Dual-Pinion Electric Power Steering (EPS) with .44 fewer turns lock-to-lock for increasing response and easy maneuverability; and a compress new trailing arm back cessation with stabilizer bar that not usually enables softened doing and float comfort, though also provides for a many atmospheric back load area in a class.
Design, Development and Manufacturing
The all-new 2018 Honda Odyssey was designed and grown by Honda RD in North America. The Odyssey and a 3.5-liter i-VTEC V6 engine will be done exclusively during a company’s Lincoln, Alabama plant regulating domestic and globally sourced parts. The new 10-speed delivery will be constructed during a company’s delivery plant in Tallapoosa, Georgia. The 2018 Odyssey is a second era Odyssey to be designed and grown in North America and a fourth era to be done exclusively in North America.
Through 5 generations, a Odyssey has developed to accommodate a changing needs of American families. Odyssey has been a many renouned minivan with particular American automobile buyers for any of a past 6 years and is on gait for a seventh true year of sell sales care in 2016. Odyssey also has been a many renouned minivan with under-35 year aged buyers in any year given 2010, and American automobile buyers have purchased scarcely 2.5 million Odyssey minivans given a 1994 debut.
Honda offers a full line of reliable, fuel-efficient and fun-to-drive vehicles with modernized reserve technologies sole by over 1,000 eccentric U.S. Honda dealers. The Honda lineup includes a Fit, Civic, Accord and Clarity Fuel Cell newcomer cars, along with a HR-V, CR-V and Pilot sport/utility vehicles, a Ridgeline pickup and a Odyssey minivan. Honda has been producing automobiles in America for 34 years and now operates 19 vital production comforts in North America. In 2016, some-more than 96 percent of all Honda vehicles sole in a U.S. were done in North America, regulating domestic and globally sourced parts.
# # #